Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Former Steelers OT Willie Colon signs with NY Jets

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Watch him have a career year next year and STAY HEALTHY all year.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Sorry. His injury history is somewhat on him; had he not played 50 lbs overweight, he might have had a lot more fortune on the injury front. He was not a good player for the Steelers, period, even though they paid him like he was.
    Dude..most all linemen are over-weight. It is the nature of the position. I once saw a lineman built like Adonis (Tony Mandarich), who played like Madonna.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Dude..most all linemen are over-weight. It is the nature of the position. I once saw a lineman built like Adonis (Tony Mandarich), who played like Madonna.
    No, when I say "overweight" I mean overweight FOR AN NFL LINEMAN. Of course OLmen are going to be overweight compared to normal, regular weight people. But Colon was fat even by NFL OLmen standards. He was so fat, he couldn't even move. He had cinder blocks for feet. If he had dropped 40 lbs he would have been a better player. Look at Max Starks, Pouncy and DeCastro: They are not super thin but their guts don't hang a foot over their belt line either. Typical of Tomlin last year, there was a lack of discipline all over this team, and Colon was the poster boy for it. You think Tuna or Tom Coughlin would allow for that?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Watch him have a career year next year and STAY HEALTHY all year.
    When healthy, Colon is obviously better than Foster (the coaches decided that last year by who started). Does Colon's injury history really make him HALF the price as Foster? Because we paid Foster twice as much for a longer time frame and some guaranteed money.

I've said this for five years. I am very worried with how this organization is self-evaluating their talent and deciding their worth with contracts. In almost every case where a player ends up on the open market after a huge deal with the Steelers, he gets practically nothing. Foote, Colon, Starks, Kemoeatu. Watch Hampton be valued at $1-2 million on the open market when we valued him at $4-5 million just a couple years ago. I know age and injury matter, but not as much as what is showing up in the free market.

We see occasionally what 31 other GM's think of our middle talent that gets really good money, long-term deals and are often renegotiated here in Pittsburgh. And it's often not flattering.

Take out the offers of some of our free agents to ex-Steeler coaches in Indianapolis and Arizona and you get even a worse view.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    That is a good price for Colon. Quite frankly, at that number, I would have minded seeing him back with the Steelers. For all his shortcomings, he does add some nasty to the offensive line.

i agree but i bet colon never would have taken that pay from us. im sure he thought he was all that and would command alot more as a FA. when nobody came calling, he decided something was better than nothing and took the offer.
    similar to what is happening to harrrison.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Didn't he go to school in NY? Maybe he wanted to be closer to home like everyone else. I will miss him for the Burfict block, that was a great moment
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Didn't he go to school in NY? Maybe he wanted to be closer to home like everyone else. I will miss him for the Burfict block, that was a great moment
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

beautiful!!
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

I have been as hard on Colon as anyone over the years. I did not like him as our starting RT, did not like the big contract, hated the constant injuries and penalties.

However, at this price I have no arguments with him. This is where he belongs and is a fine signing at that price.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i agree but i bet colon never would have taken that pay from us. im sure he thought he was all that and would command alot more as a FA. when nobody came calling, he decided something was better than nothing and took the offer.
    similar to what is happening to harrrison.
    Colon lasted what? 3 days in FA? This comment makes no sense.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE