Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Former Steelers OT Willie Colon signs with NY Jets

Hybrid View

Former Steelers OT Willie Colon signs with NY Jets

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter:

Former Steelers OT Willie Colon to Jets on a one-year, $1.2 million deal.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Pro Bowler
    Hahahahahaha, yet even more evidence that the Jets are in deep doo doo. What is the over-under on how long until blob gets hurt for the year? I give him until week 4. And it may be much quicker than that.

I have a different take, whether fans liked him or his play or not I wish him well and would never wish injury on any player even if he wasn't a Steeler. He's just trying to make a living in the NFL and was willing to take a pay cut to stay with the Steelers, but no offer was made.
    Good luck Willie!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I have a different take, whether fans liked him or his play or not I wish him well and would never wish injury on any player even if he wasn't a Steeler. He's just trying to make a living in the NFL and was willing to take a pay cut to stay with the Steelers, but no offer was made.
    Good luck Willie!
    Sorry. His injury history is somewhat on him; had he not played 50 lbs overweight, he might have had a lot more fortune on the injury front. He was not a good player for the Steelers, period, even though they paid him like he was.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Sorry. His injury history is somewhat on him; had he not played 50 lbs overweight, he might have had a lot more fortune on the injury front. He was not a good player for the Steelers, period, even though they paid him like he was.
    Dude..most all linemen are over-weight. It is the nature of the position. I once saw a lineman built like Adonis (Tony Mandarich), who played like Madonna.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Dude..most all linemen are over-weight. It is the nature of the position. I once saw a lineman built like Adonis (Tony Mandarich), who played like Madonna.
    No, when I say "overweight" I mean overweight FOR AN NFL LINEMAN. Of course OLmen are going to be overweight compared to normal, regular weight people. But Colon was fat even by NFL OLmen standards. He was so fat, he couldn't even move. He had cinder blocks for feet. If he had dropped 40 lbs he would have been a better player. Look at Max Starks, Pouncy and DeCastro: They are not super thin but their guts don't hang a foot over their belt line either. Typical of Tomlin last year, there was a lack of discipline all over this team, and Colon was the poster boy for it. You think Tuna or Tom Coughlin would allow for that?

That is a good price for Colon. Quite frankly, at that number, I would have minded seeing him back with the Steelers. For all his shortcomings, he does add some nasty to the offensive line.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    That is a good price for Colon. Quite frankly, at that number, I would have minded seeing him back with the Steelers. For all his shortcomings, he does add some nasty to the offensive line.

i agree but i bet colon never would have taken that pay from us. im sure he thought he was all that and would command alot more as a FA. when nobody came calling, he decided something was better than nothing and took the offer.
    similar to what is happening to harrrison.

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i agree but i bet colon never would have taken that pay from us. im sure he thought he was all that and would command alot more as a FA. when nobody came calling, he decided something was better than nothing and took the offer.
    similar to what is happening to harrrison.
    Colon lasted what? 3 days in FA? This comment makes no sense.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Colon lasted what? 3 days in FA? This comment makes no sense.
    what part of 1.5 million on a one year deal sounds like he was highly coveted by numerous teams?
    did he sort thru all the multi year deals worth multi millions of dollars and throw those away and say, 'to hell with financial security and a long term contract. i want to play for a botttom feeder for barely above vet minimum'