Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Sean Spence done or will he be back next year?

Legend

User Info Menu

Is Sean Spence done or will he be back next year?

by Gerry Dulac
    March 15, 2013

Question from my chat: Is Sean Spence done or will he be back next year?

My answer...

Let me start by saying the Steelers don't know if he will ever be able to play again. The peroneal nerve behind his knee was damaged, in addition to multiple ligament tears and a dislocated knee, and if that nerve doesn't regenerate he will never play again. The same injury ended Elnardo Webster's career after three games as a rookie in 1992.

Now, if and when the nerve regenerates, then the Steelers can determine when he might be able to play. Right now, it does not appear he will play in 2013. Too bad, too. He's a good kid and a nice player -- a perfect fit for the way the Steelers like to employ their ILBs.

[URL]http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh/f/c742d9d3-d4a8-4828-9f2a-362aff424622/?source=twitter[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Well, that sucks. Sure could have used him at this point. Damn.

Legend

User Info Menu

sux when you plan ahead and something f's it up - lol
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

I guess we'll be taking two LB's in this year's draft.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    sux when you plan ahead and something f's it up - lol
    Just what I was thinking. I liked this pick a lot. We could really use him this season.

Starter

User Info Menu

If we could sign a reasonably priced LB in FA (with some cover ability and ST skills) at either ILB or OLB then we could get the other LB via the draft. Some nice pass-rushers in Rounds 3-5 this year that could play OLB in a rotation while they learn the other skills. Would have been nice to be able to add Connor, but Butler may still fit nicely.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Watching that video shows just how much crap luck we had last year. Maybe we will have tons of good luck this year with good players at positions of need falling to us in every round.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wow, Elnardo Webster... there's a name I haven't heard in a long time!

As for Spence, obviously it's 20/20 hindsight after the kid has an unfortunate injury, but I preferred Mychal Kendricks in the 2nd round (which would've eliminated the bad pick of Adams and the seemingly bad pick of Spence).

Rookie

User Info Menu

Except Adams hasn't proven to be a bad pick at all...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Wow, Elnardo Webster... there's a name I haven't heard in a long time!

As for Spence, obviously it's 20/20 hindsight after the kid has an unfortunate injury, but I preferred Mychal Kendricks in the 2nd round (which would've eliminated the bad pick of Adams and the seemingly bad pick of Spence).
    Mychal Kendricks wasn't available when the Steelers chose at 2(56) last year, Kendricks was selected 10 picks earlier by the Eagles at 2(46).
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha