Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Sean Spence done or will he be back next year?

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Adams actually outperformed many expectations in Year 1. How anyone can say he's a bad pick... more shows a bias against the player coming out of college than any actual appraisal of his play.

I agree Chadman. I like Adams and think he'll be a good lineman for us.

We need DeCastro and Adams to be studs for us. 1st and 2nd round picks!!!

I'm still hoping Gilbert turns into a good lineman (don't laugh at me)
    Don't Forget to bring a Towel

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Spense looked to have a promising career, I hope he somehow can recover from this unfortunate injury, even though it doesn't look good now.
    As for our O-line, this part of the offense may be the most improved from past years, we just haven't seen it yet on a consistent basis on account of the injuries.
    I believe if our O-line is successful this coming year we'll be a better offense as everything else feeds off that, with some young talented players now it could be the difference how the rest plays out.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Tomlin Expects Sean Spence to Make a Full Recovery; Plus Notes from Steelers Rookie Camp

by Steelblitz

According to Ray Fittipaldo of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin expects Sean Spence to make a full recovery from his horrific knee injury suffered during last year’s pre-season. There has been a lot of talk about whether or not Spence will ever play football again and things were becoming very pessimistic. After the draft linebacker’s coach Keith Butler had the following to say:

“It will be miraculous if he does come back,” Butler said. “It will be miraculous if he comes back next year. We are going to take a chance on him and see if he can come back. To me, he is worth every bit of that.”

After hearing Butler’s comments most wrote of Spence for the Steelers in 2013, 2014, or ever really. Butler’s comments indicated that they expect this to be a career ending injury and don’t expect Spence to ever fully recovery to play football. However, Fittipaldo quoted Tomlin as saying the following today:

“All the rehab is going to according to plan,” Tomlin said. “No news there. I did hear the opinion regarding Spence. My opinion differs. I think he’ll have a full recovery. But now you have two opinions, neither of which are expert medical opinions, so do with it what you wish.”

As Tomlin said take it for what it’s worth, but it at least sheds some optimism back on Spence’s future.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/mike_tomlin_expects_sean_spence_to_make_a_full_rec overy_plus_notes_from_steelers_rookie_camp/13550231[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

that means nothing.

In a case like this, with nerve damage involved, the only thing that matters is medical opinion...and beyond just opinion, proof. Until Spence has muscular function return in his dorsiflexors, he wont be playing football.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Difference between Butler and Tomlin and their opinions is that Tomlin is known (as a head coach) to bring a level of rhetoric to his job--the figurehead has to paint an optimistic future. Butler is just the LB coach, or whatever he is. He's more apt to speak honestly and without pretense. I'm rooting for Spence like anyone else, but I'm certainly not counting on him like I would a recent 3rd round pick. Keep in mind just how difficult it is to just take two years off, just by itself.

Legend

User Info Menu

So Spence is likely done, Foote is 33 and the Steelers keep ignoring ILB in the draft. Arthur Brown would have looked good in the Black and Gold.

Legend

User Info Menu

Frustrating for Spence..

As far as Adams is concerned... he performed well for a rookie. Some people hate a pick and will stick by their predictions regardless of how it plays out.

Legend

User Info Menu

When Spence was injured I watched it too many times on line. I figured right there that he was done.

With my luck, that means he comes back and goes to the pro bowl each year.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

As a doctor of absolutely nothing, it is my expert medical opinion that Spence may or may not come back.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    As a doctor of absolutely nothing, it is my expert medical opinion that Spence may or may not come back.
    Did you stay at a holiday inn express last night?