Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanders???

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    the Patriots* are also bringing in Dwight Freeney, John Abraham and Adrian Wilson for visits, looks like they are just doing their due diligence on the free agents that are out there.
    I think you missed my point. It's not a knock on the Patriots. It's a dumb comment by Kaboly. If the Pats were not considering giving up a 3rd rounder for him, he wouldn't be in New England right now.
    They wouldn't waste their time. It might not "happen" but to say it's unlikely is not accurate.

It would be equivalent to Chris Ivory visiting the Steelers right now. Ivory has a 2nd round tender. Why would the Steelers waste their time if they weren't remotely interesting in giving up that pick. Obviously, the Pats are interested to a degree regardless of the 3rd round pick.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Kaboly has always been a moron...

"It's unlikely the Patriots would be willing give up a draft pick for Sanders because they have only five picks this year."

Obviously, the Pats would be willing to do it if they invited him to New England. It not like New England doesn't know about his RFA status and what they'd have to give up in order to get him.
    I thought the same thing: Why have him come in for a visit if they wouldn't be willing to give up the draft pick? That makes a lot of sense. NOT.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I thought the same thing: Why have him come in for a visit if they wouldn't be willing to give up the draft pick? That makes a lot of sense. NOT.
    it's possible the Pats* are just doing their due diligence and familiarizing themselves with Sanders for when he possibly becomes an UFA next season.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=supersteeler;554278]A couple of things here:

1. They signed WR Danny Amendola

2. Just signed Donald Jones WR Buffalo

3. Sanders has a starting role lined up here, in NE he wouldn't be guaranteed to start.

4. With him starting he has more chances of getting a bigger contract down the road as his receiving numbers should be much higher with starting.

5. I don't know if NE will go overboard to sign him.

I forgot to add...... Pats, Brandon Lloyd working on deal

Legend

User Info Menu

i'd be thrilled with a 3rd rounder.
    wrs are a dime a dozen for the all, except the truly elite. although a draft pick would have to be used to grab a wr within the first 3 rounds, sanders would be easily replaced

Legend

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=supersteeler;554325]
    Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    A couple of things here:

1. They signed WR Danny Amendola

2. Just signed Donald Jones WR Buffalo

3. Sanders has a starting role lined up here, in NE he wouldn't be guaranteed to start.

4. With him starting he has more chances of getting a bigger contract down the road as his receiving numbers should be much higher with starting.

5. I don't know if NE will go overboard to sign him.

I forgot to add...... Pats, Brandon Lloyd working on deal
    Lloyd has a significant bonus (I think $3 million) due pretty soon. Sanders could be brought in to leverage Lloyd, or he could be an alternative that they are weighing.

There is an almost eerie similarity between his numbers and Welkers over the first three years of their careers, and they do have similar styles. I wouldn't rule it out...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That would give the Pats TWO new WRs that would see the field half the season at best.
    I like Sanders but not sure about his durability
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Just heard the Patriots presented an offer sheet for Sanders...lets see what happens.

Not sure if this is accurate, by doing that they would have to notify the steelers FO immediately, no word yet if antthing happened.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 03-15-2013 at 08:12 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If he goes to the Patsy's, this will really change the direction of the draft for the premium picks. Before I would have been excited with CB or TE at 1:17. If Sanders leaves, that really leaves a hole at WR.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Maybe I'm a loner here but I hope we keep Emmanuel, a third round pick with no experience isn't worth it.
    As I stated before with Sanders being the #2 guy now I think we'll see better results if he can stay healthy, plus we spent time developing him. Would hate to see that investment thrown away and weaken our offense even more.