Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanders???

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

"Young Money" wants their money.

Backup

User Info Menu

Todd Haley arrives and all the Steelers receivers are heading for the door. Take from that what you will.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He sees his buddies getting paid. I can't say that I blame him for wanting in on the action.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    He sees his buddies getting paid. I can't say that I blame him for wanting in on the action.
    Yup. He's looking at playing this year for a tender. If somebody is going to offer him a big contract a year early, why wouldn't he want to at least explore that opportunity?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My gut is this is a "tool". Sanders doesn't want to play this year out on his tender. He will get a number from the Pats and walk out without signing the tender. Take that back to the Steelers and ask for a long term deal based on those numbers. I hope I am right.

Sanders agent is seeing the signings and probably got wind of something going on with Butler, Wells, & Davis. This is where the "axe" falls on the next one in line to secure the players they want.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 03-15-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Todd Haley arrives and all the Steelers receivers are heading for the door. Take from that what you will.

I'll take from it that you are as Delusional and single-agenda driven as always !

There was an article just the other day on how DISRESPECTED Brady must & should feel with the Pats* getting rid of Welker despite Brady taking a hometown discount. And this is the SECOND time it's happend to Tom. Yet you use Sanders VISITING the Pats* as an example of Ben not being valued and Brady being valued. Right.

Receivers in the past have headed for the door before Haley showed up. And AB was thrilled with his long-term contract and Plax actually came back. So once again, your point - whatever it is - makes no sense.

Backup

User Info Menu

I guess we will see what the Steelers FO really thinks of Sanders....

IMO, he has yet to prove himself as a #2 guy...He shows flashes when he is not hurt.

He will be easier for the Steelers to replace than Wallace....

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow.... so the Steelers go from Wallace, Brown & Sanders to Brown, Cotchery & Burress......
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post
    I guess we will see what the Steelers FO really thinks of Sanders....

IMO, he has yet to prove himself as a #2 guy...He shows flashes when he is not hurt.

He will be easier for the Steelers to replace than Wallace....
    To be honest- this won't show how much the Steelers see in Sanders. The Patriots could offer a contract designed so that the Steelers just can't match, financially, and Sanders is gone, no matter how much they wanted to keep him around.

If Sanders goes, along with Wallace, Lewis, Mendenhall, Starks, Colon etc... a wheel, somewhere, has fallen off this wagon.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Problem is they already have to replace Wallace. They could recover from that in 2013 but replacing Wallace & Sanders will be an uphill challange.