Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....
1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash
Take the 3rd round pick and bring in a guy like Ramses Barden....
Wait a minute...it looks like the Pats* only have 5 picks in this draft...
New England: (Traded 4th to TB, 5th to WAS, 6th to CIN, acquired 7th from TB)
I'm not much on keeping Sanders. He is streaky. I also find it interesting some bashing Wells for his injury issues are ignoring Sanders injury issues. Let him walk.
Unless there has been a rule change, an offer sheet may not be indicative of the Steelers ability to pay fair market value. The Pats* could put in a poison pill that would make the contract guaranteed like the Vikings did with Hutchinson a few years ago.
A couple of things here:
1. They signed WR Danny Amendola
2. Just signed Donald Jones WR Buffalo
3. Sanders has a starting role lined up here, in NE he wouldn't be guaranteed to start.
4. With him starting he has more chances of getting a bigger contract down the road as his receiving numbers should be much higher with starting.
5. I don't know if NE will go overboard to sign him.
6. Whatever the final numbers come down to, if not too far off we should match their offer, otherwise we go deeper in the hole on offense.
My position is he'll do better now being the second receiver as opposed to being third like last season, so his production should increase in the process.
7. If NE offers more than we can pay I'll understand, but at the same time I'm losing confidense that we'll be able to compete with so many obstacles in front of our offense.
No Heath in the beginning, Wallace gone, No feature back uncertainty at LT and if we lose Sanders it just weakens the offense even more.
Then I hear about players they talk to like Wells, it ticks me off. We BETTER get some playmakers on offense or we might just go to the circus the acts will be similar.
The NFL banned poison pills after Steve Hutchinson and Nate Burleson....they won't approve contracts with those provisions in there...if the NFL won't approve it, it is invalid...
What I said about Sanders agent very well could be what is going on. Don't JUMP all over this because I have no confirmed source. There has been some rumbling on Twitter that Butler got a contract offer from the Steelers. AGAIN...Just take that as word of mouth. It would have to be a pretty good deal. So Sanders & his agent see this and now want there due now. Setting up a visit and getting a number, not an offer sheet, could force the Steeler's hand. Problem is...Steelers could call your bluff.
Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 03-15-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Here is an interesting comparison:
Sanders' career stats: 94 catches, 1290 yards.
Welker's stats when acquired by Pats*: 96 catches, 1121 yards.
Welker was given a second round tender, and the Pats* traded a second and seventh rounder to acquire him. Would they make a similar deal for Sanders, perhaps offering a sweetener in a trade to avoid having the Steelers try to match?