Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Harrison and Ravens talking

  1. #21
    Starter thor75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    947
    With regards to the Harrison vs. Goodell thing, I thought he has done a lot better trying to avoid the head to head hits. I think he realizes he can't win that one. IIRC, I don't think he had any fines last year. As for his comments to the press, I don't know if that is hurting his stock. Teams sign players who have done worse (Stallworth, Plax, Vick, etc).

    If the Steelers can bring him back next year after all the teams passing on him, maybe we get the hungry beast wanting to prove himself all over again.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Kenny Ladler FS Vanderbilt
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech or Jordan Tripp LB Montana
    6. Ricardo Allen CB Purdue
    6. (comp) Andrew Jackson ILB W. Kentucky
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

  2. #22
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    James doesn't hit helmet to helmet.

  3. #23
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,789
    I doubt the Steelers are considering Harrison at this time. Unless the Steelers have flat out told Harrisons agent, " this is what we have to offer and do not contact us unless James is ready to agree. " Other than that, I don't see James or his pride coming back to the team.
    " We'll do the same thing we always do, we'll take every situation from week to week and do what we think is best for that week and evaluate it on that basis.. If cheating will give us the edge as it has always done then, we will continue to cheat. " Bill Belichick

  4. #24
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,014
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I doubt the Steelers are considering Harrison at this time. Unless the Steelers have flat out told Harrisons agent, " this is what we have to offer and do not contact us unless James is ready to agree. " Other than that, I don't see James or his pride coming back to the team.
    Agreed. If I were James, there is no way I'd ever play for the Steelers again. I'd play in Canada first...

  5. #25
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Agreed. If I were James, there is no way I'd ever play for the Steelers again. I'd play in Canada first...
    Huh? Why do you say that?

  6. #26
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It's not helping him. Only Steelers fans saw him as a victim of some grand conspiracy. other teams saw him as an arrogant "punk" who drew unnecessary attention to himself and team.
    lol...what?

  7. #27
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Huh? Why do you say that?
    because its a message board and people can say all kinds of stupid stuff.

  8. #28
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Huh? Why do you say that?
    Because it would be obvious that the only reason he was in Pittsburgh was because no one else in the NFL wanted him. He'd have to eat it in front of all the guys that used to look up to him and at this stage of his career, after all he's done, would be horribly embarrassing.

    The Canada thing was just a dig, because for a former DPOY that would be pretty embarrassing too.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •