Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye bye k. Lewis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Backup

User Info Menu

Bye bye k. Lewis

Adam scheduler reporting Leeis Is gonna sign with NO today. William Gay our Nickle back for sure now. We are going backwards. Boo to the FO.

Backup

User Info Menu

So much for the Saints being cap strapped.

Can't fault Lewis for going home though.

Legend

User Info Menu

The FO was getting cheered when they spent like drunken sailors to keep the defense together to the detriment of other positions. It bit us because guys like Harrison and Troy and Ike aren't worth that money anymore. Restructuring always comes back to haunt a team and we have done it as much as anyone.

Well at least we will get a real chance to talk about drafting in the Top 10-12 for 2014. Got to find a positive somewhere.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 03-14-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm not as sold on Lewis as most, it took him 3 years to start and had two decent seasons. Wallace will hurt more...
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I'm not as sold on Lewis as most, it took him 3 years to start and had two decent seasons. Wallace will hurt more...
    How many years did it take Timmons to start contributing at a level that is prudent for a 1st round pick.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    How many years did it take Timmons to start contributing at a level that is prudent for a 1st round pick.
    Don't blame the player, blame the DC.

But he played well in 2008, year two.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post

Timmons played well in 2008 because he played exclusively on what the team thought was passing situations while Foote played in run defense situations.

Timmons struggled in the run defense but he improved and it shows. That's what happens when you convert someone that was drafted to be an OLB then to realize afterwards.... let's move him to ILB. ILB is a different animal especially in a 3-4 and that is NOT an easy transition. I think Timmons would have contributed more effectively early in his career if he played in a 4-3 and wasn't asked to make that type of transition.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't see how anyone can complain about Dick LeBeau who nearly every year has his defense in the top 10 or better, If you ask me he did a masterfull job even last season with Troy out most of the year your top two OlB ers and the secondary injuries near the end.
    He did all this without a strong front seven putting pressure on the QB, LeBeau is the best DC in the game period!

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm sick of wasting rookie contracts on defensive players who sit for every year but one and then play one good season and leave.

Either LeBeau can start playing rookies faster, or he can go away and get someone in here who will.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm sick of wasting rookie contracts on defensive players who sit for every year but one and then play one good season and leave.

Either LeBeau can start playing rookies faster, or he can go away and get someone in here who will.
    Been saying it for three years. You're wasting you finger strength typing it. LeBeau has all the answers and isn't to be questioned.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"