Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye bye k. Lewis

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Keenan Lewis tonight tweets that the Steelers never offered him a contract.

Just wow.
    Unless there is some reason that has yet to be released, I find this completely unacceptable.

Ike has 1 year left.... maybe. You sacrifice the "future" and not offer Lewis what appears to be a reasonable deal.

Allen is insignificant to this conversation because Lewis should have been signed regardless. If Ike was cut this year, I think he'd be completely off the books next year. The Steelers could have easily signed Allen next year essentially locking up our #1 and #2 for years to come.

Now, they have old man Ike (making 9 million) for probably his last year and they'll have to eat a bunch of his salary likely next year.

Good thinking coaches, GM, FO and everyone in the Steelers organization that supported that idea. Like we don't have enough starting roster spots to fill in the future... now, let's add another one.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought Lewis was really playing well. Don't understand why the Steelers never even offered a contract.

Backup

User Info Menu

I want to know who spearheaded this decision?

It better have been Tomlin.

If it's LeBeau? That's silly.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Some of you guys are saying they should replace Ike with Lewis. But I stated before maybe they see him as a #3. Never again a #2. So why pay starter money? Or he really wanted a chance to sign with the Saints and go home as others have pointed out. This might have been his only chance to do that. Also as others have pointed out why keep him if they want a 1st rd CB to work in to replace Ike.

Hey I am shocked also. Just trying to look at this different. Also have the Steelers ever dumped a good soldier? Ike took less to say here. Is seen by most as a #1 CB. Plays all over the field. They were saying some were that the reason Nnamdi had problems in Philly is he can not follow the #1 wr in different positions. He can also not play inside. He has to play man at his spot only. So Ike has more value then some other #1 corners in the league.

The Steelers like Ike and Allen as 1 and 2 for 2013. Not sure why Allen was not #2 this year? Maybe he had not shone enough till Ike got hurt. Then they seen enough? I also STILL would have like to keep Lewis. But we will see if he has as good a year in 2013.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe Colbert was serious when he said the team wants more turnovers. Lewis is overpriced- a 1 year starter that couldn't catch.

The NFL really is a 'what can you do for me now' league- last year Lewis plays pretty good, and his moving on to another team is contemptible. Forget, if you will, the previous years significantly uninspiring performances. He had 1 years success- lavish money on him!

On the contrary, rejoice people- the Steelers lost a WR that had a down year, but had previously had over 1000 yards a season in successive seasons. He didn't top 1000 last season- get rid of him!

Don't suppose Chadman needs to bring up the other 1-year wonder the Steelers lavished money on, and how wonderfully that worked out...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers FO made some weird desicions this offseason...Signing Willie Gay one of the worst CB in NFL over K-Lewis is retarted....What was Colbert smoking???

I expect a first Rd CB in Rd 1...
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

With Cortez Allen in the wings maybe the Steelers thought instead of signing Lewis they could free up more money for other needs. We were thin on the O-line so they signed Foster, same with ILB where they retained Larry Foote, and tenders to their other RFA's.
    They are still looking to sign a FA LB, so it probably came down to having an ability to have funds under the cap situation to do that than tying up money for one player.
    Don't forget they still have to account for signing their draft picks.

Considering the cap mess we are in I think the FO is doing a good job, we may not like some of the moves they made but they didn't have much breathing room to do otherwise.
    They are trying their best to maintain a competitive team with what they have to work with, otherwise they would of had to make massive cuts making the team weaker in the short term or longer depending on how new players develope.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Keenan Lewis had 1 INT all season...

Cortez Allen had 2 INTs in one game...

Given the cap situation, they felt that they had to choose one...

Starter

User Info Menu

Some of you crack me up. Why in the world did anyone think we were going to sign Lewis? Once the Steelers signed William Gay, Lewis was not going to be resigned. I guarantee you replacing Ike was never even a consideration.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Some of you crack me up. Why in the world did anyone think we were going to sign Lewis? Once the Steelers signed William Gay, Lewis was not going to be resigned. I guarantee you replacing Ike was never even a consideration.
    So Steelers will be looking for Ike Taylor replacement in this draft?? They already had too many holes to fill now add CB.

Ike Taylor is 33. He was atrocious early on during last season. Ike Taylor is going to get worse..on top of that his 10 million salary is not going to look good.

Steelers FO philospphy is let young players go by...sign one of the worst player in NFL just because he knows the system....awesome way of rebuilding...
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT