Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye bye k. Lewis

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coolie Man View Post
    Ziggy Hood and a bum tight end is what we have left from the 2009 draft. It's time to clean out the front office. Starting with Colbert.
    And the 2008 draft is a wash too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Saw this breakdown of his deal:

Keenan Lewis 5-yr deal with the [URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/search?q=%23Saints&src=hash"]#Saints[/URL] worth $26.3M with $10. 5M in guarantees, $6M signing bonus. He will have a base in'13 of $1M
    Would have been a cap hit of $2.2 million this year - the Steelers could have easily accomodated that.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Don't think that contract would have been good IF he ended up the #3 corner. IF Allen is better now it is time to start and could have been the plan this year anyway. Maybe that is what is happening here. Not over paying for a #3 corner? But who will be #1 and #2 when Ike is done still scares me. Also I agree if Lewis aways wanted to be a saint good for him to get that chance. So what rd will be CB this year?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Saw this breakdown of his deal:

Would have been a cap hit of $2.2 million this year - the Steelers could have easily accomodated that.
    Incredible. Unexplainable. The ONLY excused is that simply wanted to go home. I just find it hard to believe that he took a substantial home town discount when a guys 2nd contract is typically his largest one.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Backup

User Info Menu

They should have dumped Ben. They should have released him, with the UNDERSTANDING that he signs with Arians, and then worked out another deal with Arizona for "future considerations" for the draft picks.

If this is what they were going to do? Paying Ben what they pay him makes no sense.

Now they are just wasting his final seasons.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

this thread is about keenan lewis.

philly was right. You're a broken damn record.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    They should have dumped Ben. They should have released him, with the UNDERSTANDING that he signs with Arians, and then worked out another deal with Arizona for "future considerations" for the draft picks.

If this is what they were going to do? Paying Ben what they pay him makes no sense.

Now they are just wasting his final seasons.
    Are you always so over dramatic? There are still games to play.

Backup

User Info Menu

It's about the team. If you are going to gut this team? Gut it right.

Start over, and get something for the biggest bargaining chip you have.

We're just like the Ravens are. But they seem to realize their plight.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Don't think that contract would have been good IF he ended up the #3 corner. IF Allen is better now it is time to start and could have been the plan this year anyway. Maybe that is what is happening here. Not over paying for a #3 corner? But who will be #1 and #2 when Ike is done still scares me. Also I agree if Lewis aways wanted to be a saint good for him to get that chance. So what rd will be CB this year?
    That's EXACTLY why you tell Ike to take a significant paycut or he gets cut. Take the hit now but reap the benefits next year. Sign Lewis now and extend Allen next year....

Problem solved. You have two youngsters at your #1 and #2 CB positions and you don't have to address that position for awhile. It saves us high end draft picks (we need them).

Now, we have an old Ike (33.5 y/o by start of season and Allen. That's not a bad starting lineup but it's a dumb one from a GM/FO standpoint. Terrible, terrible decision.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Been saying it for three years. You're wasting you finger strength typing it. LeBeau has all the answers and isn't to be questioned.
    I am so sick of this. Even more sick of this than I am of Tomlin's FAIL at team discipline or Bonehead Ben's careless ways. All three areas need fixed NOW. (But I have no faith that they will.)