Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye bye k. Lewis

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Terms for Lewis are reportedly 5 years, $26 million. The Steelers could have easily fit the deal under the cap, even with Gay returning.
    No.... we have our sights set higher with signings like Foote, DJ and potentially Beanie Wells. What in the hell is this team doing this offseason.

Best FA decision: Cutting Colon and signing Foster.

Everything else has completely sucked. Certain things may have been necessary (like the Harrison cut) but the signings (except Foster) have completely sucked.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think we are on the wrong side of this one.

sucks.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    No.... we have our sights set higher with signings like Foote, DJ and potentially Beanie Wells. What in the hell is this team doing this offseason.

Best FA decision: Cutting Colon and signing Foster.

Everything else has completely sucked. Certain things may have been necessary (like the Harrison cut) but the signings (except Foster) have completely sucked.
    Completely agree.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Backup

User Info Menu

Lewis is from NO so I'm not surprized he wanted to go home. Nobody had a problem with Bruce Gradskowski coming home to Pittsburgh why the issue with Lewis? Maybe he never gave the Steelers an opportunity to make an offer. He got what he wanted... just as Bruce did.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Lewis is from NO so I'm not surprized he wanted to go home. Nobody had a problem with Bruce Gradskowski coming home to Pittsburgh why the issue with Lewis? Maybe he never gave the Steelers an opportunity to make an offer. He got what he wanted... just as Bruce did.
    I think the issue is more that we're losing a young player who showed some promise.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Backup

User Info Menu

Ziggy Hood and a bum tight end is what we have left from the 2009 draft. It's time to clean out the front office. Starting with Colbert.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I think the issue is more that we're losing a young player who showed some promise.
    I agree that it is a blow. However I was referring to those that think the Steelers could have signed him for the same price and seemed baffled that he left. Like I said, he wanted to go home. It wasn't about the money.

Backup

User Info Menu

I don't think the FO even had the intention of re signing Lewis.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    add to that, one who seems to have been affordable.

everyone knew wallace would be going but it seems like lewis could have been kept at the price he signed for. Signing these other marginal players and losing keenan seems foolish on the surface.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    add to that, one who seems to have been affordable.

everyone knew wallace would be going but it seems like lewis could have been kept at the price he signed for. Signing these other marginal players and losing keenan seems foolish on the surface.
    But if he didn't want to stay??? IDK about his situation, but if he grew up dreaming of being a Saint this would be a dream come true for him.