Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Bye bye k. Lewis

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    To be fair Philly, if Ben doesn't throw two late picks we could have won at least one more game. Antonio Brown's brain farts in a couple games could have saved a game or two. We can go down the list I'm sure and anyone that was on the field had a chance to secure that one extra win somewhere along the line.

Pappy
    Absolutely Pappy, I completely agree. And I really didn't mean to dump on Lewis.

The point about him dropping the pick was in response to Crash's comment about what more could be expected from Lewis.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Steelers' Lewis goes home, signs with Saints

The loss of Mendenhall and Mundy leaves the Steelers with no players left from their 2008 draft class.

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-lewis-goes-home-signs-with-saints-679428/#ixzz2Nd5PTM3K[/URL]
    Wow, that's pretty bad.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, it's easy to determine which draft was the best, 1974 and now we know exactly which draft was the worst, 2008.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Just more proof that you can't really evaluate a draft until a few years later. I remember, following that 2008 draft, how many of us thought the Steelers had done a tremendous job...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Just more proof that you can't really evaluate a draft until a few years later. I remember, following that 2008 draft, how many of us thought the Steelers had done a tremendous job...
    Oh yeah, so many of us thought that Mendy and Sweed were absolute steals and that the team had aced the draft with future pro-bowlers. I remember the craziness when it looked like Rashard might actually fall to the Steelers- it was absolutely nuts. Some even wanted to trade FWP right away to get "value" for him while he was still fast because RM was (in some people's opinions) already the better back even though he hadn't played a down of NFL football.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    But wasn't Dick LeBeau a former DB coach also? Why does Carnell Lake get all the credit?

Maybe it's because Lake actually does some COACHING, where all LeBeau does now is COASTING.

Dom Capers when he ran our defense had no problems playing young players early.

LeBeau? Hardly ever.

It's not the scheme, it's the mindset of the coaches running it.
    and look how well Capers is doing ... Packer fans want to run him out of town on a rail. His defense is horrible ... do you know how many times it allows the opponent to go score right after the Packers get a TD? Lots.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I was extremely happy with last year's draft, and now, well, we don't KNOW yet but it already is much worse than all of us thought after the 2012 draft. DD and Adams could still be good, but Spense and Rainey look unlikely to offer us anything and T'amu isn't likely to turn out either. I thought all picks 1-5 were great, and now we are left hoping that we get just 2 decent players out of those 5, if we are lucky.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Yes. But the young players sitting for LeBeau has been going on BEFORE Tomlin got here. It's a pathetic trait that he and Cowher share.
    Pathetic and FAIL. It is embarrassing how Tricky Dick never gets young players on the field. FAIL.

Backup

User Info Menu

and look how well Capers is doing ... Packer fans want to run him out of town on a rail.
    They are idiots. Their defense makes plays. I'll gladly give up some yardage rankings for some turnovers. Charles Woodson was supposed to be finished when Green Bay got him. Capers and the way he used him saved his career.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Pathetic and FAIL. It is embarrassing how Tricky Dick never gets young players on the field. FAIL.

Fail???????

LeBeau orchestrated a defense that has ranked in the top five of the league in 10 of his 11 seasons as defensive coordinator.

Now give that man a Miller ^^^^