Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 115

Thread: Beanie Weanie Wells in Pittsburgh today for

  1. #41
    STFU stat geek.

    Watch the games. Not the stat sheet.
    Pot, kettle on that one Crash. Nobody throws around ridiculous stats like you.
    For example:

    The 2nd most 4th quarter/game winning drives given up on defense since 2007.
    2nd most 4th quarter game winning drives really Crash? You watch every teams every game since 07 and calculated that in your head

    Hey Crash, how many did we give up in Bens first two seasons under BC when we really played "yinzer ball"

    We come out throwing, get a lead, then we run the ball.
    So what, I agree. And YOU hated it.
    That was what you called "yinzer ball" at the time, and derisively called "the turtle".
    Me and the Rooneys call it "winning football" Crash.

    And YES, it is "nice work" if I do say so myself
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 03-14-2013 at 06:58 PM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    STFU stat geek.

    Watch the games. Not the stat sheet.

    We come out throwing, get a lead, then we run the ball.

    The 2nd most 4th quarter/game winning drives given up on defense since 2007.

    If Ben didn't save their asses on the games they won when they blew 4th quarter leads? They'd be ringless.
    Yeah, Captain Lemming, how dare you use facts to support your argument! That is completely inexcusable, especially when they contradict what Crash has to say.

  3. #43
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Nice work my ass. He's reading stat sheets.

    He doesn't pay attention to the games. It's more about WHEN, than how many.
    Did anyone consider that when they team isn't as good, they are forced to throw more because they find themselves behind more often? The passing attempts prove nothing. The Pgh teams who are not as good are forced to throw more, hence they have worse records.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    did anyone consider that when they team isn't as good, they are forced to throw more because they find themselves behind more often? The passing attempts prove nothing. The pgh teams who are not as good are forced to throw more, hence they have worse records.
    ding ding!!!
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

  5. #45
    captain lemming doing work!!!

  6. #46
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    He is fast, big and powerful. He has elite vision, and a vicious stiff arm. People who are complaining obviously haven't seen this guy tote the rock.
    Some will always find something to complain about. I remember when the Steelers traded for Bettis...some in the media/fans were not happy. They said he was lazy, fat, bad attitude and his best days were behind him. That turned out pretty well.

    Hope Wells signs.....

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Hope Wells signs.....
    I'd be "ok" with the signing... i woudl hope he stayed healthy
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

  8. #48
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,113
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Some will always find something to complain about. I remember when the Steelers traded for Bettis...some in the media/fans were not happy. They said he was lazy, fat, bad attitude and his best days were behind him. That turned out pretty well.

    Hope Wells signs.....
    Life is like a box of chocolates...

  9. #49
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Guys, are you blind? He is hurt all the time, and when he did play last year he put up a 2.7 ypc average. And you WANT that guy on your team? That is idiotic. THINK. I would seriously take both Dwyer and Redman over this PED-created waste.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Did anyone consider that when they team isn't as good, they are forced to throw more because they find themselves behind more often? The passing attempts prove nothing. The Pgh teams who are not as good are forced to throw more, hence they have worse records.
    Nice point. However, with a pretty consistently good defense we rarely fall behind in a way that forces us to pass lean heavily on the pass for an entire season. When we lose we rarely fall far behind, and as Crash likes to emphasize we tend to give up leads when we lose. Ironically, in in years past when we passed "less" Ben lead a ton of comeback victories. We fell behind just as much if not more and it did not result in the pass numbers we see lately.

    A bigger issue is the "inability" to run effectively, which I understand.

    What you and SOD are unaware of is that Crash and I have a long standing philosophical debate on this topic.
    When we ran WELL Crash wanted us to run less, by choice.
    THAT is his beef with Rooney, which started this debate.
    Crash hates what Rooney said about running the ball, thus his ridiculous "yinzer" comment.

    When our run game struggle I want better interior linemen and MORE balance. Crash wants fast receivers, and more passing.

    Philosophically, I believe that if you have the horses, balance beats pass-centric every time.

    Crash is of the popular view that it is a "passing league" so he wants us to throw a ton like Peyton, Brady, Brees, or Rogers.

    I do not buy that.

    I believe that a balanced team lead by an elite QB is better than a pass-centric team with an elite QB.

    Elite QBs win, which makes it look like I'm wrong but all the elite QBs tend to pass more, save for Ben.

    Funny only Ben and Eli have TWO rings during the time he has been in the league, not the glory boys.

    I think time has proven my case pretty well.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 03-14-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •