Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 115

Thread: Beanie Weanie Wells in Pittsburgh today for

  1. #91
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    And the TD Ben scored to bail out Bettis?

    And the TD Ward dropped BEFORE Ben bailed out Bettis on the same drive?

    Ward didn't catch a 3rd and 28 pass thrown to himself either.

    If anything trying to cater to Bettis, AGAIN, hurt the offense. 4 attempts in the red zone to get ol' Bussie a TD in his home town.

    And four times, he failed.
    And the TD that Ward caught via Randle El in the SB because Ben couldn't do much of anything in that game? Does that mean they bailed out Ben on the biggest stage? Your argument isn't very objective at all.. completely 1-sided. Obviously, we don't stand a chance without a healthy Ben to win the SB but what exactly is your point?

  2. #92
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    And the TD that Ward caught via Randle El in the SB because Ben couldn't do much of anything in that game? Does that mean they bailed out Ben on the biggest stage? Your argument isn't very objective at all.. completely 1-sided. Obviously, we don't stand a chance without a healthy Ben to win the SB but what exactly is your point?
    My argument is completely objective. This team isn't about defense and running no matter how much people want it to be.

    The success of this team has always been on the back of it's franchise QB.

  3. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    My argument is completely objective. This team isn't about defense and running no matter how much people want it to be.

    The success of this team has always been on the back of it's franchise QB.
    Are the failures on him as well or is that a one way street. No need to respond because we all know your answer.

  4. #94
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Are the failures on him as well or is that a one way street. No need to respond because we all know your answer.
    When he plays bad? Absolutely.

    When Joe freaking Flacco goes 90 yards to win a division, and the biggest side show freak in NFL history carves this defense up like a turkey? Not a chance.

  5. #95
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,575
    Right-o.... back on topic... Beanie Wells..

    Chadman would be ok with this signing as it gives the Steelers a 1st round talent at 7th round talent prices. If they could rotate Wells & Dwyer, you might get decent 'powerback' play at great cap value.

    Of course, it would completely negate the need to keep Redman.

    And they'd still need a 3rd down/ change of pace type RB to be added.

    But Chadman likes the idea of kicking the tyres of 'fallen 1st round picks'. It's not like they lost their talent.

    Wells, Eben Britton & Darius Heyward-Bey are all young, relatively unwanted former 1st round talent players. For small contract numbers, what can it hurt to add them to the roster & see if they can evolve some of that talent?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  6. #96
    random thought... it amazes me how crash can make activity triple by just showing up...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

  7. #97
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Right-o.... back on topic... Beanie Wells..

    Chadman would be ok with this signing as it gives the Steelers a 1st round talent at 7th round talent prices. If they could rotate Wells & Dwyer, you might get decent 'powerback' play at great cap value.

    Of course, it would completely negate the need to keep Redman.

    And they'd still need a 3rd down/ change of pace type RB to be added.

    But Chadman likes the idea of kicking the tyres of 'fallen 1st round picks'. It's not like they lost their talent.

    Wells, Eben Britton & Darius Heyward-Bey are all young, relatively unwanted former 1st round talent players. For small contract numbers, what can it hurt to add them to the roster & see if they can evolve some of that talent?
    Agreed. Sometimes a guy needs a new atmosphere. Sometimes he just needs to get healthy. I would think that if they can maintain some level of health, the Steeler OL should prove to be better than what was in AZ. Of course, the big IF is to see if Wells can pass the physical.

  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Right-o.... back on topic... Beanie Wells..

    Chadman would be ok with this signing as it gives the Steelers a 1st round talent at 7th round talent prices. If they could rotate Wells & Dwyer, you might get decent 'powerback' play at great cap value.

    Of course, it would completely negate the need to keep Redman.

    And they'd still need a 3rd down/ change of pace type RB to be added.

    But Chadman likes the idea of kicking the tyres of 'fallen 1st round picks'. It's not like they lost their talent.

    Wells, Eben Britton & Darius Heyward-Bey are all young, relatively unwanted former 1st round talent players. For small contract numbers, what can it hurt to add them to the roster & see if they can evolve some of that talent?
    a 2nd physical, still no contract... i suspect they worry about his knee, as AZ did. time to start lookign for the draft... come to think of it, I may do a "grade the RBs in the draft" post... so we can look back over it this fall and see how awesome i am - lol
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

  9. #99
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    Go get Randy Moss. Play Moss/Plax/AB in a 3 wide base offense. Cotchery as #4.

    Then draft PITT's Mike Shanahan as a TE in round #3 and groom him as Miller's eventual successor.

    This isn't that hard to do. But I'm not working there.

  10. #100
    I am not sold on Wells...If the Cards let him go, why in the world would we want him?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •