Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Every hour that goes by that no one has inked Harrison ...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The problem is these 3 guys are still all better than their backups and the coaches would probably start them. I think that's why Colbert can't/won't do it.
    Could be the case. But that can't necessarily be a bad thing. It'll be up to the coaches to know how to expose the younger guys in order to know if they have some future talent or not.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Given the choice between Starks and Harrison I'm resigning Starks.
    Fair argument. Given the choice of Starks, Harrison & Hampton.... given the quality behind them, not entirely against Hampton being the guy to bring back.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That's exactly what some said about Harrison when Joey Porter left. Harrison had done zero to that point of his career.
    Are you really counting on hitting that lottery again?? The coaches have said that they would have wanted to keep James. Add Troy and Clark to those voicing their concern about losing him. Maybe Worilds will be an All-Pro, but using the Porter/Harrison circumstance as a benchmark would seem sketchy at best.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Are you really counting on hitting that lottery again?? The coaches have said that they would have wanted to keep James. Add Troy and Clark to those voicing their concern about losing him. Maybe Worilds will be an All-Pro, but using the Porter/Harrison circumstance as a benchmark would seem sketchy at best.
    Its only sketchy if you can't accept the fact that Harrison is fading and won't ever be better. The analogy between where Harrison was and Worilds is at this point of their careers is actually right on the mark. As far as the coaches, what coach has said they want and need Harrison except as a courtesy statement in an interview? Do you really think any of the coaches will ever say "we don't want him" or any othe player in an interview? Don't mistake a professional courtesy with the truth.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Its only sketchy if you can't accept the fact that Harrison is fading and won't ever be better. The analogy between where Harrison was and Worilds is at this point of their careers is actually right on the mark. As far as the coaches, what coach has said they want and need Harrison except as a courtesy statement in an interview? Do you really think any of the coaches will ever say "we don't want him" or any othe player in an interview? Don't mistake a professional courtesy with the truth.
    There is a difference between a courtesy statement and the kinds of things Troy and Clark were saying.

The last time the Steelers took the field, James Harrison was the best OLB on the team and he still would be if he were in camp this summer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jason Worldis has never really done anything at ROLB. We've got 2 LOLBs in Woodley and Worilds. Everyone looks at Worilds stats and thinks he's gonna plug right in, but I think he's out of position at ROLB. Doesn't mean he can't eventually work it out, but it's not a natural position for him.

And I love Worilds. I've seen flashes of him where he plays better than Woodley at LOLB. I think he's a little more explosive.

Legend

User Info Menu

OK, so now "it doesn't look good" (according to a recent post) for JH to be in the Tigger stripes. Maybe they were just using him to drive Dansby's (sp?) price down. Used like a rented mule on a holiday weekend, James, that what has become of you.

Now - if you were to come back home (to wear the Bumblebee outfit ... no, forget that part) to the B&G for a vets minimum plus performance target bonuses ... you would be ADORED in the locker room instead of having to start all over. There is probably no locker room out of 32 as much as on the South Side where they would take you in as one of their own ... because YOU ARE. You got bad advice from your agent ... it happens ... it can be moved on from.

And, Mr. Rooney - come on man (Sir), it's not like this guy was found with doobies in his car, or didn't show up to work in a hissy fit of wounded pride. He's given you his all, and probably Superbowl 6 besides. And, putting emotion aside, how much ri$$k is there to pay a guy who was getting stronger and stronger last year the vet minimum?

This can happen ... if he signs on and performs well, we can put more money into the offense (like maybe Bradhshaw?) ...

James in Black and Gold! VII in XIII!!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

You don't offer nearly $4 million to a guy who the coaches don't want. That says a lot more to me than any interview.

I actually like Worilds and think that he will be ok. I've seen nothing to suggest that he will be dominant, but I think he will be somewhere around a Clark Haggans/Jason Gildon type level. A big concern is the health and injury issues that have plagued Worilds throughout his career and Woodley for the last 2 seasons.

Harrison is still a force that has to be accounted for against the run. He's not the pass rusher that he once was, but he still has considerable ability in that area. I don't think that he's going to be a DMVP, but I think he could absolutely still help this defense.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Jason Worldis has never really done anything at ROLB. We've got 2 LOLBs in Woodley and Worilds. Everyone looks at Worilds stats and thinks he's gonna plug right in, but I think he's out of position at ROLB. Doesn't mean he can't eventually work it out, but it's not a natural position for him.

And I love Worilds. I've seen flashes of him where he plays better than Woodley at LOLB. I think he's a little more explosive.
    Maybe Woodley won't get hurt as much if he moves to ROLB (of course, there is no reason to think this, other than hope). Worilds looked real good on the left side.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    OK, so now "it doesn't look good" (according to a recent post) for JH to be in the Tigger stripes. Maybe they were just using him to drive Dansby's (sp?) price down. Used like a rented mule on a holiday weekend, James, that what has become of you.

Now - if you were to come back home (to wear the Bumblebee outfit ... no, forget that part) to the B&G for a vets minimum plus performance target bonuses ... you would be ADORED in the locker room instead of having to start all over. There is probably no locker room out of 32 as much as on the South Side where they would take you in as one of their own ... because YOU ARE. You got bad advice from your agent ... it happens ... it can be moved on from.

And, Mr. Rooney - come on man (Sir), it's not like this guy was found with doobies in his car, or didn't show up to work in a hissy fit of wounded pride. He's given you his all, and probably Superbowl 6 besides. And, putting emotion aside, how much ri$$k is there to pay a guy who was getting stronger and stronger last year the vet minimum?

This can happen ... if he signs on and performs well, we can put more money into the offense (like maybe Bradhshaw?) ...

James in Black and Gold! VII in XIII!!!
    Question is; can Harrison overcome the 'personal issue' the Steelers supposedly made it when they said they were not interested after he turned them down the first time? Can he truly let bygones be bygones? Not sure he has the personality for such a gesture. Seems he is more of a grudge holder.