He actually got it right

Top needs: OLB, WR, RB, TE, S

Rd. 1 (17) TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
    Rd. 2 (4 OLB Cornelius Washington, Georgia
    Rd. 3 (79) WR Ryan Swope, Texas A&M
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

don't know much about washington, but could live with other 2.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Washington was an underachiever. Really nothing impressive at Georgia in 4 years. Also will be 24 this year. Got noticed at Senior Bowl and blew up combine. Also had a DUI arrest at Georgia. Doesn't exactly jump off the paper at me as a Steeler target. If you watch the Georgia defense, Washington & Ogletree are clearly the two best athletes in their front 7. Washington just didn't make many plays. Kiper has him as a 2nd rounder? Wow.

Legend

User Info Menu

Cornelius Washington is the anti-Jarvis Jones from the same defense.

Washington is an athletic freak of nature who did little on the actual football field.

Jones was a monster on the field but not as impressive in the underwear Olympics.

Give me the dominant football player over the slick track athlete any day of the week.

If Kiper thinks we pick a TE and Georgia OLB with our top 2 picks, I'd be much, much happier with Jarvis Jones in round 1 and Zach Ertz in round 2.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Um.... Washington is a 5th or 6th rounder.... Not a second Rounder. Kiper is a fool.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

Washington is an athletic freak of nature who did little on the actual football field.

Jones was a monster on the field but not as impressive in the underwear Olympics.

Give me the dominant football player over the slick track athlete any day of the week.

If Kiper thinks we pick a TE and Georgia OLB with our top 2 picks, I'd be much, much happier with Jarvis Jones in round 1 and Zach Ertz in round 2.
    I couldn't agree with you more. Excellent post!!

Funny thing is, even though Ertz is the slower of the two (between he and Eifert), in a straight line 40, it was Ertz who I often saw taking the top off of the middle of the field often. He plays a lot faster than he runs a 40 yard dash.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

If we got both Jones and Ertz, I would be very happy.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No thanks.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If it were up to me (and many of you are thankful it isn't) I'd take the best TE in the first, the best WR that they could find in round 2 and the best RB in round three. D players and OL can come after that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    If it were up to me (and many of you are thankful it isn't) I'd take the best TE in the first, the best WR that they could find in round 2 and the best RB in round three. D players and OL can come after that.
    I like that approach
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"