Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Every hour that goes by that no one has inked Harrison ...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Who's calling the defense?

Watch Timmons' role in the beginning of the season.

Then watch the Eagles game.

Notice the difference in where he is on the field.
    Was his role in the running game not making tackles? He absolutely benefited from the defensive attention drawn to Harrison.

Legend

User Info Menu

The bottom line is Ben's injury derailed our season. Our offense is weak to very weak. However, Ben is way better then the credit he receives. If he has any supporting cast around him, he is amazing. With that said, we spend our money on defense, not offense, excluding Ben. If we spent our money on Offense and not D, we would score 35-40 points a game, but would give up the same or more. The Steelers org. feels more comfortable having a stellar D and Ben being our O instead of having a stellar O and leaving Troy as our only hope on D. Ben is way more reliable in that role then Troy would be on D.

In this league you cant have it both ways and we have been very successful doing our way. Keep spending on D and leave it to Ben to win the game. We'll be just fine.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Was his role in the running game not making tackles? He absolutely benefited from the defensive attention drawn to Harrison.
    No, he benefited from not being wasted covering air in deep middle zone.

If you guys don't want to admit that LeBeau at times has wasted Timmons' talent, then you guys will NEVER bash him for ANYTHING.

Legend

User Info Menu

As cold as ice: James Harrison getting the deep freeze at owners meeting

Submitted by 60 Max Power O Staff on March 18, 2013

Maybe former Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison should have taken a pay cut, because he’s not getting any love, from anyone. Agents sure can convince their clients to go looking for the money, but if the money isn’t there, the agent can find another client; however, the player is stuck.

That’s where Harrison is right now, stuck in a block of ice, literally, and he has no one to blame but himself and his agent. Harrison will never win any congeniality awards; he’s made it quite clear he’s out to hurt, disobey new rules on safety, and even dissed the President of the United States.

So what did he expect when he hit the open market? One of the surliest players you’ll ever meet thought he’d have the world beating down his door for his services, and his agent let him think that.

If he had taken the pay cut in Pittsburgh he’d have a job right now, but in addition to being one of the baddest men in town comes the ramifications. According to Chris Wesseling of NFL.com, Harrison’s name is the ‘coldest’ at the owner meetings. Wessling writes:

‘With NFL executives congregating in Phoenix over the weekend, SI.com's Peter King finds that Harrison is "the coldest name of them all" at the NFL Annual Meeting.

Unable to find a single person willing to admit an interest in Harrison, King believes the 34-year-old will have to settle for less than half of the $6.57 million he was scheduled to earn with the Steelers.

Frankly, King's report isn't the least bit surprising. While Harrison remains stout against the run, it was obvious that he had lost a few steps as a pass rusher last season. No team with a 3-4 defense is going to spend big money for a declining, injury-prone edge rusher no longer pressuring quarterbacks on a consistent basis.’

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/as_cold_as_ice_james_harrison_getting_the_deep_fre eze_at_owners_meeting/13172632[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Question to the board ...

What would be the first sign we fans would have that MAYBE Mr. Harrison might return? Something like a sighting of his agent on the South Side? A "leak" to a 'burgh reporter that talks are in progress?

I'm wondering if all this deafening silence from the principals involved truly means that there is nothing happening, or if it's possible that things might be happening behind the scenes.

Oh, Give Us A Sign!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

What would be the first sign we fans would have that MAYBE Mr. Harrison might return? Something like a sighting of his agent on the South Side? A "leak" to a 'burgh reporter that talks are in progress?

I'm wondering if all this deafening silence from the principals involved truly means that there is nothing happening, or if it's possible that things might be happening behind the scenes.

Oh, Give Us A Sign!!
    As long as vet minimum and not a penny more. If he still wants $4-5M then don't waste oxygen talking to his agent. he already passed on the best deal he should be offered. he is finding that out now.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

Oh, Give Us A Sign!!
    i think the sign would be a report that woodley or worlids will miss most or all of the sesason due to injury or personal matter

Backup

User Info Menu

Hopefully they will bring him back like they have starks the last few years... along with starks of course lol.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ern McCracken View Post
    Hopefully they will bring him back like they have starks the last few years... along with starks of course lol.
    Starks never rejected them and Harrison did. The Steelers don't bring back players who they view as playing hardball with them. Just ask Jeff Reed and Mike Wallace. They will let a player go and move on versus setting the precedent that they will allow themselves to be held hostage by a player.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

I agree with this... just saying I'd like to see them both back...preferrably starks if I had to pick one of the two.