Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Every hour that goes by that no one has inked Harrison ...

Legend

User Info Menu

Every hour that goes by that no one has inked Harrison ...

... means maybe hopefully PUHleez he might be in the B&G this coming year.

When does free agency actually end, or could he be signed at any time by anyone?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Backup

User Info Menu

Anyone, anytime, unfortunately. Once the big $$$ rush in free agency passes, though, it becomes a buyers' market. For example, there are something like 52 veteran corners on the market right now, plus the draft coming up, meaning that the likelihood that Keenan Lewis gets a pile of money thrown at him is shrinking as well. As far as James goes, it still makes the most sense for him to come here, but sense and what actually happens are often two different things in FA. James is a proud man in a violent sport full of proud men. Taking a paycut and returning to the Steeler locker room with a diminished stature may be more than he's willing to do... certainly happened that way with Wes Welker, who by some accounts took the same money that New England was offering from Denver because he was ticked at the Pats' negotiating tactics. If a runt like Welker thinks that way, I can only imagine what's going through James' mind... and that would explain to me why he's already visited Baltimore.

Backup

User Info Menu

If the 70% base salary 30% incentive package is accurate and he turned that down? James made a mistake.

IMO he won't get more than that on the open market.

Legend

User Info Menu

We moved on so lets just keep on moving on.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    Anyone, anytime, unfortunately. Once the big $$$ rush in free agency passes, though, it becomes a buyers' market. For example, there are something like 52 veteran corners on the market right now, plus the draft coming up, meaning that the likelihood that Keenan Lewis gets a pile of money thrown at him is shrinking as well. As far as James goes, it still makes the most sense for him to come here, but sense and what actually happens are often two different things in FA. James is a proud man in a violent sport full of proud men. Taking a paycut and returning to the Steeler locker room with a diminished stature may be more than he's willing to do... certainly happened that way with Wes Welker, who by some accounts took the same money that New England was offering from Denver because he was ticked at the Pats' negotiating tactics. If a runt like Welker thinks that way, I can only imagine what's going through James' mind... and that would explain to me why he's already visited Baltimore.
    Reports I heard said NE offered Welker $10M while he got $12M from Denver.

NE's bigger issue is that Brady took a paycut to free up space for Welker and then the Pats lost him for $2M. If I'm Brady I'm pissed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    If the 70% base salary 30% incentive package is accurate and he turned that down? James made a mistake.

IMO he won't get more than that on the open market.
    theres a bunch of posters here that said he would get quite a bit more

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Reports I heard said NE offered Welker $10M while he got $12M from Denver.

NE's bigger issue is that Brady took a paycut to free up space for Welker and then the Pats lost him for $2M. If I'm Brady I'm pissed.
    i dont think that really true. brady has been underpaid his last 2 contracts and the organization still didnt use the extra money to sign guys.
    there's some shady doing with bradys contracts.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think a lot of teams are just waiting to see how things shake out. Deebo was the best OLB we had and I'd love to have him back. However, I just don't see it. The point about having a "diminished status" in the locker room isn't lost on me. I'm thinking that he's gone for good.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i dont think that really true. brady has been underpaid his last 2 contracts and the organization still didnt use the extra money to sign guys.
    there's some shady doing with bradys contracts.
    Not sure any shady things being done, but it is not like Brady is being generous given he has a wife that makes as much as him. Money isn't an issue in that family.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Brady has earned about $10 million a year from endorsement contracts since 2007. He has endorsement deals with with Australian boot brand UGG, Movado, Glaceau Water, Stetson, Under Armour, Mars Snickers, and Visa. The guy just made a $3.5 million profit on the sale of his NYC condo and now lives in a $20 million crib in LA.

Money is NOT an issue for him.