Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Every hour that goes by that no one has inked Harrison ...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Question is; can Harrison overcome the 'personal issue' the Steelers supposedly made it when they said they were not interested after he turned them down the first time? Can he truly let bygones be bygones? Not sure he has the personality for such a gesture. Seems he is more of a grudge holder.
    I hear you loud and clear, Northcoast, but I think there is more to James than meets the eye:

[url]http://jamesharrisonfamilyfoundation.org/[/url]

Maybe, if Mr. Rooney can get past his pride, he could entice James with a nice big donation to his charity, even if he just pays him the vet min + performance incentive bonuses.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I hear you loud and clear, Northcoast, but I think there is more to James than meets the eye:

[URL]http://jamesharrisonfamilyfoundation.org/[/URL]

Maybe, if Mr. Rooney can get past his pride, he could entice James with a nice big donation to his charity, even if he just pays him the vet min + performance incentive bonuses.

Maybe Harrison should make a donation to the Rooney's charity to get the Steelers to take his egotistical butt back for the vet minimum? Doesn't seem like anyone else in the NFL is beating down doors to sign him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Maybe Harrison should make a donation to the Rooney's charity to get the Steelers to take his egotistical butt back for the vet minimum? Doesn't seem like anyone else in the NFL is beating down doors to sign him.
    Did James Harrison kick your dog? Screw your girlfriend? The amount of vitriol in your posts about Harrison is astounding.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I loved having James Harrison on the team...

That being said, we all know that it was not Mr. Rooney's pride that was the obstacle to James remaining a Steeler...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I loved having James Harrison on the team...

That being said, we all know that it was not Mr. Rooney's pride that was the obstacle to James remaining a Steeler...
    No, he sensed my "vitriol" and had to leave. Its not Harrison's fault it is someone elses because Harrison is loved.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Did James Harrison kick your dog? Screw your girlfriend? The amount of vitriol in your posts about Harrison is astounding.
    No he was an arrogant jerk who thought $4M was beneath him and rejected the organization that gave him everything he has. But he is a victim and anyone who doesn't worship him obviously has something wrong with them.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No he was an arrogant jerk who thought $4M was beneath him and rejected the organization that gave him everything he has. But he is a victim and anyone who doesn't worship him obviously has something wrong with them.
    I'm sure he felt the offer was beneath him. Especially when he could see what Ike, Woodley and Troy were being paid. He wouldn't be the first pro athlete to overestimate his "worth" to an organization. This is a guy that has kicked a lot of tail for this team over the years and showed up as the best OLB on the team last year. He earned his contract by his deeds in the NFL. Unfortunately, the Steelers couldn't pay him what he thought he was worth. He has been cool with the fans and hasn't publicly demeaned the organization. Nothing arrogant or being a jerk about that.

Legend

User Info Menu

tell us how you really feel Ovi... sheesh. You are taking this way too personal. It's business and Harrison thought it was beneath him to take the offer we presented. IT happens. If he plays this year we will get a chance to see if he was right or wrong.

Just because no one thinks he is worth what HE thinks doesn't mean he is some jerk. You make it sound like JH didn't play out his contract or stole money. They guy balled out and put in work. We gave him money... he gave us production.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

why is harrison a jerk again?

if you cant respect that replaceable carbon unit, then you really don't get it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    tell us how you really feel Ovi... sheesh. You are taking this way too personal. It's business and Harrison thought it was beneath him to take the offer we presented. IT happens. If he plays this year we will get a chance to see if he was right or wrong.

Just because no one thinks he is worth what HE thinks doesn't mean he is some jerk. You make it sound like JH didn't play out his contract or stole money. They guy balled out and put in work. We gave him money... he gave us production.
    Exactly. He made a mistake in overestimating his worth and wanting to maximize his earnings next year. What he needs to do is take a page out of Mike Adams' playbook, drive to the Steeler facility, and ask for a second chance. It'sworked before.