Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 90

Thread: Every hour that goes by that no one has inked Harrison ...

  1. #41
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,565
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    $$$.

    That had more relevance in 20 words than almost all the thousands that have been posted in the last few weeks.

    We've GOT to protect Ben. Doesn't matter what we do with our corners, or OLB, or RB - if Ben is on the Bench, our record will be about the same as last year's, and our chances of getting into the playoffs about the same also.

    Steeler Priorities (IMO)

    1. Keep Ben upright.
    2. Give him targets.
    3. Everything else.
    We have to protect Ben but to some that means under no circumstance do we use another Round 1 pick on an offensive lineman.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    $$$.

    That had more relevance in 20 words than almost all the thousands that have been posted in the last few weeks.

    We've GOT to protect Ben. Doesn't matter what we do with our corners, or OLB, or RB - if Ben is on the Bench, our record will be about the same as last year's, and our chances of getting into the playoffs about the same also.

    Steeler Priorities (IMO)

    1. Keep Ben upright.
    2. Give him targets.
    3. Everything else.
    No, #1 has to be scoring points. You can't keep Ben "upright" by simply handing the ball off and trying to limit the hits he takes.

    When you do that? That leaves him in predictable situations, and then he'll get hit.
    OK, you got through the 1st bullet point OK!

    There's a reason for the 2nd bullet point ... and it's not to be "simply handing the ball off"!

    I'm a simple guy with simple ideas. If I were GM, I would spend the whole wad if it was needed to have Ben be effective.


    San Antonio Math (apologies to Ghetto Scott):

    1. Lots of Ben throwing to the targets we already have on the roster
    + Even a mediocre defense in this league
    -----------------------------------------
    Playoffs

    2. Wishy washy committments to Ben's success
    + "We gotta spend money on defensive replacements for x,y.z" (or) "We gotta get a quality RB"
    -----------------------------------------
    Great draft pick in 2014.


    (3. Breakfast tacos = scientifically proven legitimate food group )


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  3. #43
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,565
    If 31 other teams are passing on Harrison maybe we should ask ourseleves WHY DO WE want to turn back the clock?

    Oh, I forgot he knows the defense.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If 31 other teams are passing on Harrison maybe we should ask ourseleves WHY DO WE want to turn back the clock?

    Oh, I forgot he knows the defense.
    Which Lawrence Timmons would you prefer? The guy that was invisible for three games or the guy that played well the rest of the year. Want to guess what the variable was?

  5. #45
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    Want to guess what the variable was?
    LeBeau wasn't wasting him in deep middle pass coverage covering air.

  6. #46
    right on cue.

    its all lebeaus fault.

  7. #47
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    right on cue.

    its all lebeaus fault.
    Followed by the antcipated "LeBeau is never wrong"
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  8. #48
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    Who's calling the defense?

    Watch Timmons' role in the beginning of the season.

    Then watch the Eagles game.

    Notice the difference in where he is on the field.

  9. #49
    maybe timmons role was adjusted as harrison came back and was getting in better game shape?

    nah, lebeau never makes adjustments

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    LeBeau wasn't wasting him in deep middle pass coverage covering air.
    I thought coverage was supposed to be his strength.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •