Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 90

Thread: Every hour that goes by that no one has inked Harrison ...

  1. #31
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    He wants Ben to throw 60 times per game...
    No, I want 3 wide base.

    I want rolling pockets.

    I want one of the NFL's best vertical passers to be used in a way that fits his talent.

    If we still insist on the FB/mutiple TE set, then when that doesn't work Ben save us on 3rd down offense? Send him on his way and start Gradkowski.

    We square pegged round holed this offense last year.

    And we went 8-8.

  2. #32
    Last year, the Steelers used more 3WR formation than any other...

  3. #33
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Last year, the Steelers used more 3WR formation than any other...
    And when it wasn't at the end of halves?

    And when it wasn't 3rd down?

    Not hard to defend when you know what's coming.

    Context, not stat sheets. Don't make me tell you again.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Context, not stat sheets. Don't make me tell you again.
    Ah. Again, the same "do as I say, not as I do" Crash...sorry, "Siggy" that is....

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    No, I want 3 wide base.

    I want rolling pockets.

    I want one of the NFL's best vertical passers to be used in a way that fits his talent.

    If we still insist on the FB/mutiple TE set, then when that doesn't work Ben save us on 3rd down offense? Send him on his way and start Gradkowski.

    We square pegged round holed this offense last year.

    And we went 8-8.
    i think something you are forgetting is Ben was having a career year, and keeping his backside clean before the injury.

  6. #36
    Hall of Famer SteelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,070
    We had a good team and record until Ben went cowboy against the K.C. Chiefs and got crushed by 2 defenders.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    We had a good team and record until Ben went cowboy against the K.C. Chiefs and got crushed by 2 defenders.
    $$$.

    That had more relevance in 20 words than almost all the thousands that have been posted in the last few weeks.

    We've GOT to protect Ben. Doesn't matter what we do with our corners, or OLB, or RB - if Ben is on the Bench, our record will be about the same as last year's, and our chances of getting into the playoffs about the same also.

    Steeler Priorities (IMO)

    1. Keep Ben upright.
    2. Give him targets.
    3. Everything else.


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  8. #38
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    $$$.

    That had more relevance in 20 words than almost all the thousands that have been posted in the last few weeks.

    We've GOT to protect Ben. Doesn't matter what we do with our corners, or OLB, or RB - if Ben is on the Bench, our record will be about the same as last year's, and our chances of getting into the playoffs about the same also.

    Steeler Priorities (IMO)

    1. Keep Ben upright.
    2. Give him targets.
    3. Everything else.
    WE have to protect Ben and BEN has to protect Ben.

    And in protecting Ben, I do agree with Crash that we need more designed roll-outs. We've needed them for YEARS. I think Flacco does it more than Ben.

    One of Ben's greatest talent is that he throws incredibly well on the run. Roll him out by design a lot more often: This avoids excessive pressure and takes advantage of one of Ben's biggest strengths.

  9. #39
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    i think something you are forgetting is Ben was having a career year, and keeping his backside clean before the injury.
    Actually he was better in 2007, and you could argue he was better in 2009 also.

    His yards per attempt in 2012 was the second lowest of his career and he was 28th in length per pass.

    He excelled on 3rd down. He's always been solid on 3rd down.

    Don't praise Haley for Ben bailing him out.

    If we still insist on dink and dunk garbage? Ben is of no use to this team.

    Trade him and start the Yinzer.

  10. #40
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    Steeler Priorities (IMO)
    1. Keep Ben upright.
    2. Give him targets.
    3. Everything else.
    No, #1 has to be scoring points. You can't keep Ben "upright" by simply handing the ball off and trying to limit the hits he takes.

    When you do that? That leaves him in predictable situations, and then he'll get hit.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •