Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So I had to change my Steelers mock...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Signings like Foster, DJ, Foote, Burress etc. are typical Steeler signings going into the draft. They will not eliminate the desire for a BPA player at the same position, but also makes sure that those players are not a necessity.

If Patterson, Allen, Hopkins, Eifert, Cooper etc. are there and are BPA on the Steelers board, then they will not hesitate because they already signed someone.
    This is exactly right. The Steelers always fill their spots with their own players or FA vets before the draft. They'll go with the BAP in the draft.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    OK, I didn't see the part about him being 6'3". That helps. I'm concerned about our current guys actually scoring too, that's why I was curious what else he would bring to the table.
    I hear ya. Do you know who Zach Maynard is? That is the guy who was throwing the ball to him. He couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. He had a 56% completion percentage the past two years. So what did Allen do in those two years ( minus the last 3 games of 2012)?

159 receptions for 2,080 yards and 12 TD's. And he was the focal point of the Cal offense. Teams were game planning against him.

Had Matt Barkley been his QB Allen is atop 5 pick.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would have to be sold on Patterson's interview...But I'm talking in this scenario about talent on the field. The drop off from Patterson to Allen-Hopkins-Woods is more significant than the drop off of Allen-Hopkins-Woods to the next group of WRs that flood the 2nd & 3rd round. So what I am saying is, if you don't get Patterson & you NEED a WR...You should consider going to the depth of the position so you don't overdraft. Austin sticks out as a 1st round because of his God given abilities. But Austin is a "niche" guy. 1st round talent but not the guy you want if you need an "X". He would be more of a luxury pick of BPA for a playoff team looking to severely upgrade their slot. I'm not saying any of this to offend any of the Allen or Hopkins fans. If we don't get Patterson, I would pass on all other WRs at #17. At that point, I would much rather trade back a little and get the #1 TE Eifert. If we have to pick#17, No to all OLBs that may be there (Jones & Moore)....But I would consider Rhodes, Vacarro, & Eifert if they are gone. By the end of the day today Lewis may be gone to NO and I don't think the Steelers would pass if Rhodes is there.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Outside of Heath, you won't see DJ,WJ, and Paulson scoring in the redzone much but @ 6-6 Eifert could be a good target there, and scoring on a regular basis. If we pass on Eifert, then draft Ike Taylor's replacement.
    My thoughts exactly. If the FO thinks they can trade back to the early 20's and get one or the other, that would be a definite bonus.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I would have to be sold on Patterson's interview...But I'm talking in this scenario about talent on the field. The drop off from Patterson to Allen-Hopkins-Woods is more significant than the drop off of Allen-Hopkins-Woods to the next group of WRs that flood the 2nd & 3rd round. So what I am saying is, if you don't get Patterson & you NEED a WR...You should consider going to the depth of the position so you don't overdraft. Austin sticks out as a 1st round because of his God given abilities. But Austin is a "niche" guy. 1st round talent but not the guy you want if you need an "X". He would be more of a luxury pick of BPA for a playoff team looking to severely upgrade their slot. I'm not saying any of this to offend any of the Allen or Hopkins fans. If we don't get Patterson, I would pass on all other WRs at #17. At that point, I would much rather trade back a little and get the #1 TE Eifert. If we have to pick#17, No to all OLBs that may be there (Jones & Moore)....But I would consider Rhodes, Vacarro, & Eifert if they are gone. By the end of the day today Lewis may be gone to NO and I don't think the Steelers would pass if Rhodes is there.
    I would prefer Keenan Allen over Patterson. I think he is a more polished receiver. I know Patterson is faster (straight line), than Allen but if you watch the tape on Allen he plays fast. He has some open field make you miss cut-back ability that is freakish.

Remember Jerry Rice wasnt straight line fast but on the field in pads he played extremely fast.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I would prefer Keenan Allen over Patterson. I think he is a more polished receiver. I know Patterson is faster (straight line), than Allen but if you watch the tape on Allen he plays fast. He has some open field make you miss cut-back ability that is freakish.

Remember Jerry Rice wasnt straight line fast but on the field in pads he played extremely fast.

I agree. I'd prefer Allen or Hopkins over Patterson.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

By the way in my draft I have....

replaced Wallace----check
    addressed the void that is James Harrison----check
    addressed the soon to be void that is Keenan Lewis---check
    added a feature RB----check
    found Troy Polamalu's future replacement----check
    possibly have found a sleeper NT---check
    possibly have found a sleeper ILB---check

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I agree. I'd prefer Allen or Hopkins over Patterson.
    Cheers!! What I like about Allen over Hopkins or even Terrence Williams is Allen has that "it" factor on the field. He is an Alpha male no question about it. And he has return skills. For one who has great size he has some quicks and cut back elusiveness as well.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
    UPDATE: Keenan Allen/WR/Cal did not run routes today. Did nothing.

Ouch.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
    UPDATE: Keenan Allen/WR/Cal did not run routes today. Did nothing.

Ouch.
    So...what does that mean? Suggestion...if you are going to doing something as lame as follow people on twitter, follow one who is informed.

Allen is dealing with both a knee problem and a hamstring issue. He caught the ball while stationary from Stewart. Allen is scheduled to have a separate workout in Greensboro, N.C. on April 9.

Ouch back attcha.