Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OLB Victor Butler visits Pittsburgh tomorrow (Thursday)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

OLB Victor Butler visits Pittsburgh tomorrow (Thursday)

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    OLB Victor Butler, who could be a diamond in the rough, is visiting the Steelers tomorrow. Several teams interested

I've been rather interested in the Steelers picking him up!! I know that I've gotten excited for every guy they brought in for a visit...but this guy is IT! 26 years old, cut by Dallas, this guy could be pretty legit as Harrison's replacement. PLEASE!!
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If they can get Butler in Free Agency...then I would be okay with going Wide Receiver in first round.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't know how you come to the conclusion that this guy "is IT", but I don't recall him much (I think Dallas is on TV enough to catch one's eye). I also referred back to his draft day write up, and he doesn't seem like anything special. What do you see in him?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Watch his college highlights on youtube. He tied the team record of 4 sacks in one game..look at highlights when he played in Dallas. He played behind DeMarcus Ware.

You want to get more technical? James Farrior didn't do anything when he played for the Jets...we signed him and look how well he turned out for us. Like I said, Butler is only 25 (yeah, I posted he was 26 in my previous post..my bad)..could be a gem.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

The fact that 'several teams are interested' probably puts him out of the Steelers financial reach.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    The fact that 'several teams are interested' probably puts him out of the Steelers financial reach.

I would think the amount of money they were going to pay Keenan Lewis would enable them to sign Butler with no problem.
    Lewis most likely will sign with another team.
    Butler is an OLB, Worlids is slated to start in place of James so I'm wondering if the Steelers do sign Butler would they move him to ILB?
    Spense may never play again and Sylvester isn't signed so where is the backup to that position or depth?
    At any rate this may be a good signing if they succeed in doing so.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I could live with losing Lewis if we could land a nice young pass rush OLB. Is he day one starter material, over Worilds?
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    This. We can't outbid anyone unless a player just really wnats to play for the Steelers.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Lewis signs with NO before the day is out. Butler has the potential to be a "Ryan Clark" type of signing. A non household name that could flourish & become a star in this system.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No chance, he's too young and never played with us before it's not the Steelers MO.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]