Thread: ESPN Poll: John Harbaugh or Mike Tomlin?

Legend

User Info Menu

ESPN Poll: John Harbaugh or Mike Tomlin?

Earlier this month, I wrote a column on how John Harbaugh's impressive start has put him in line to be recognized as the NFL's next great coach. ESPN's Greg Garber believes Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin deserves to be included in the conversation as well.

These AFC North coaches have produced comparable and highly successful numbers. Harbaugh and Tomlin both have won a Super Bowl. In five seasons, Harbaugh has a 63-30 record (.677), won two AFC North titles and advanced to the AFC Championship game three times. In six seasons, Tomlin has a 68-36 record (.654), won three division titles and went to two Super Bowls.

Where Harbaugh has separated himself, in my opinion, is the past four years. The Steelers have missed the playoffs in two of the past four seasons and haven't won a postseason game since beating the New York Jets in the AFC Championship Game in January 2011. Over that same span, the Ravens went to the playoffs each year and won seven playoff games, including four on the road.

So, let's project who is going to be considered the more accomplished coach when their careers are over. Record your vote for either Harbaugh or Tomlin in the poll and let me know your thoughts by dropping me a note (let's limit it to three or four sentences) to the AFC North mailbag. Your comment could be used in a blog post when I return from my short break.

As of 7:10pm est Mike Tomlin is winning 51% to 44%....5% undecided

[url]http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/71549/poll-john-harbaugh-or-mike-tomlin[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Exit polls show that Harbaugh has achieved a strong foothold among the douchebag demographic.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.