Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers interested in Michigan St RB Le'Veon Bell

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers interested in Michigan St RB Le'Veon Bell

James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell:

Steelers have full contingent at Michigan State pro day looking at RB Le'Veon Bell, i'm thinking 3rd-rounder -- youngin at 21 years of age

[URL]https://twitter.com/jimwexell[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell:

Steelers have full contingent at Michigan State pro day looking at RB Le'Veon Bell, i'm thinking 3rd-rounder -- youngin at 21 years of age

[URL]https://twitter.com/jimwexell[/URL]
    I wonder if he'll last until we pick?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm good with that.

Backup

User Info Menu

Won't last past the 3rd round. Had a bad offensive line.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I want 2 backs out of this draft.
    @_Hellgrammite

Backup

User Info Menu

Hell I'd be thrilled with 1.17 Cooper orWarmack 2.17 Bell

Legend

User Info Menu

Hmmm... every time I see a name come up, i go youtube a game highlight reel... I've said it before, but, it's the only draft position i nail every time...

Deville's analysis
    - good vision, good patience - seemed to take a half-step hesitation on most plays at the LOS if there wasn't a hole to FIND the hole, rather than just run into the pile... and with that, he found the hole more often than not
    - reads blockers well - I suspect he'd do better with a fullback than without
    - good power... seems to enjoy dishing out punishment in the secondary (that opinion based on body language)
    - actually has a bit of a jump cut, which is cool to see on a big-boy..
    - would love for him to be a hair faster.... when he bounced runs to the outside, they didn't seem as successful as between the tackles

I would say "better than Dwyer, but, not by a whole lot when Dwyer's in shape"...
    I would also say, if he has the right attitude, he'd get the lion's share of the carries on this Steeler team this fall... the team would need complimentary "scat back"....
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would be really happy if the Steelers could get Bell and Eifert in this years draft, both these guys make our offense better which I'm all for.
    Give me those two and you can have all the defensive players you want...deal?

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers show interest as Spartans take part in pro day

Mar. 13, 2013
    Written by Joe Rexrode
    Detroit Free Press

Michigan State's Le'Veon Bell / AP file photo

EAST LANSING — Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin sure seems to like Michigan State players.

A year after taking quarterback Kirk Cousins out to dinner on the eve of MSU's pro day, Tomlin did the same Tuesday night, dining in East Lansing with running back Le'Veon Bell and tight end Dion Sims. The Steelers didn't draft Cousins, of course, but Bell and Sims both would seem to be options for a team that plays a hard-nosed, physical style like the Spartans do.

"Hopefully they pull the trigger," said Bell, who used today's pro day mostly to show off his hands and route-running abilities in receiving drills.

Bell, Sims and Will Gholston, the three MSU players who left early for the draft, all took part in portions of today's drills. Running back Larry Caper, offensive lineman Chris McDonald, cornerback Mitchell White, defensive tackle Anthony Rashad White and kicker Dan Conroy all took part. Two previously departed Spartans, kicker Brett Swenson and long snapper Alex Shackleton also participated.

Bell said he agrees with what many analysts said after the NFL scouting combine last month in Indianapolis -- that he is the top running back in the draft. He said he has individual interviews set up with "eight or nine" teams in the near future.

A total of 38 NFL people, representing 29 of the 32 teams in the league, showed up for MSU's pro day.

[URL]http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20130313/GW01/303130039/Steelers-show-interest-Spartans-take-part-pro-day?gcheck=1[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sign me up for Bell. That kid is a MONSTER! Kid is 6'2", 244 lbs. 4.60 40 but..I can live with that. On top of that, he's only 21! I hope he's there in the third.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa