Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How far has Lewis' price tag fallen?

Legend

User Info Menu

How far has Lewis' price tag fallen?

Going into FA there were a few decent CBs available in a group that included Keenan Lewis.

Talib, Grimes, Smith, DRC

Now, some more have hit the market fast.......

Antoine Winfield, Michael Huff (CB/S), Nnamdi, Deangelo Hall, Aaron Ross, Chris Gamble, Rashean Mathis.

No superstars in the bunch, but neither is Lewis. Just a whole bunch of names to muddle up the situation. If prices come down, does Lewis look to land back in the 'burgh at a reduced rate?

Legend

User Info Menu

Thought Hall signed wit the Lions?

Legend

User Info Menu

Depends on what Lewis is asking for. I think he will get much less than his asking price in the end. Each day that goes by without him signing is costing him money.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Going into FA there were a few decent CBs available in a group that included Keenan Lewis.

Talib, Grimes, Smith, DRC

Now, some more have hit the market fast.......

Antoine Winfield, Michael Huff (CB/S), Nnamdi, Deangelo Hall, Aaron Ross, Chris Gamble, Rashean Mathis.

No superstars in the bunch, but neither is Lewis. Just a whole bunch of names to muddle up the situation. If prices come down, does Lewis look to land back in the 'burgh at a reduced rate?
    Chris Gamble retired after being released. Just an FYI.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

unfortunately for lewis he has hit FA at the wrong time. Just too many comparable CBs on the market.

could benefit us.

Backup

User Info Menu

He's visiting his hometown Saints today.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Letting him walk is a bad move. The Steelers put out the information that they feel that Cortez Allen is ready to step into a starting role so they are comfortable letting Lewis walk. In the meantime we have a 33 year old CB on the other side.
    @_Hellgrammite

Administrator

User Info Menu

This might give us a shot. A lot of guys on the market. It'll be interesting to see what he finally signs for. Hopefully, he signs with us.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    He's visiting his hometown Saints today.
    I think they are in a similar cap situation as we are.

hopefully he leaves without an offer or at least brings it back to the steelers to consider matching.

would be nice to keep him in the system.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Talk about a flooded market. There is 3 1/4'ish pages of CB's! Yes some of these guys are 1st teir, 2nd teir, bottom of barrel but WOW. [URL]http://www.nfl.com/freeagency[/URL]

If Lewis leaves (NO PLEASE). I want to see this young mans up side. Is there any players on this list that would be cheap enough to come in and play better then say Gay at this point?