Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ravens FA Losses

Legend

User Info Menu

Ravens FA Losses

At least the Steelers aren't the only team taking a beating in free agency. So far, the Ravens have lost Ellerbe and Kruger and traded Bolden. They released Pollard today. Canty, if healthy, is a nice addition to their defensive line, but overall, they've lost a lot of ground from where they were last year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Kind of expected when a team has to pay a franchise QB

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/40209-Steelers-may-be-rebuilding[/url]
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

I laughed hard a few months ago when everyone was talking about how much cap room Baltimore had going into next year as if they were in good shape. They didn't mention the monster contracts that they were looking at. They were in worse cap shape than the Steelers, but with a ton of room.

Thank you Joe Average.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Add Bernard Pollard to that list.

I think the loss of Boldin for them is going to be HUGE. He was Joe's go-to guy in the playoffs and in other big games. Sure his cap hit was just over $6 million, but for a reliable receiver, that's not alot.

They still have a chance of losing Ed Reed as well. Some of their fans are already ready to jump off a bridge. If they lose Ed, it'll just get better to watch, lol!

Backup

User Info Menu

Leach may be going next. Jones also.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Leach may be going next. Jones also.
    Leach is a guy I would really like to see in Pittsburgh. He is an upgrade over the Johnsons...

Backup

User Info Menu

I don't want a fullback period.

But if they insist.......

Backup

User Info Menu

Welcome to the new season rats

Legend

User Info Menu

Ravens to release Bernard Pollard

Updated: March 13, 2013
    By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

The Baltimore Ravens will release strong safety Bernard Pollard after he takes his physical Wednesday morning, according to a team source.

Pollard, 29, was the leading tackler last season for the Super Bowl champions and was the team's physical presence in the secondary. He forced a key fumble in the AFC Championship Game in New England, when he delivered a vicious hit on New England Patriots running back Stevan Ridley.

Pollard broke the news of his upcoming release when he posted on Twitter: "Well Raven Nation it's been fun. My time in Baltimore is done... Thank you!"

Ravens fullback Vonta Leach reacted with surprise to Pollard's news in a tweet of his own Wednesday.

"Wow my boy @Crushboy31 is gone great teammate and father on and off the field," he wrote.

Pollard finished his second season with the Ravens, leading the team with 98 tackles. He also had two sacks and an interception.

This offseason, the Ravens have already lost seven members from their Super Bowl team.

Baltimore has released Pollard and guard Bobbie Williams, traded wide receiver Anquan Boldin to the 49ers, lost linebackers Dannell Ellerbe and Paul Kruger in free agency and watched linebacker Ray Lewis and center Matt Birk retire.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9047356/baltimore-ravens-release-top-tackler-bernard-pollard-source[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha