Thread: William Gay Returns to Pittsburgh

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

William Gay Returns to Pittsburgh

Why are we doing this?

Does everyone not remember the pain from the game against New England in 2010 where Gay gets
    burned by touchdown after touchdown...at the very least?

Did we not learn?

[url]http://steelerstoday.com/?p=8716[/url]

Please give the rookies a chance....

Sword

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Why are we doing this?

Does everyone not remember the pain from the game against New England in 2010 where Gay gets
    burned by touchdown after touchdown...at the very least?

Did we not learn?

[URL]http://steelerstoday.com/?p=8716[/URL]

Please give the rookies a chance....

Sword
    5'10 Gay was torched by Tom Brady and a 6'5 tight end who happens to be one of the best in the league. You can't task your nickel back with that job on his own. His failings that game were as much about his own coverage as it was the defensive play calling. He's exactly what we need for the nickel role. I suppose you'd rather have Van Dyke or Victorian in that role? Get real man. There is nothing wrong with Willie Gay. Glad he's back.
    Last edited by Snatch98; 03-13-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Security option in case we don't re-sign Lewis. Makes sense.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Stats Don't Lie: The NFL's 10 Worst Cornerbacks Of 2012

By Skyler Scoggan

Gay was one of many who experienced a terrible season in the desert in 2012. While he only gave up one touchdown all season he was repetitively picked on by quarterbacks who wished to throw away from Patrick Peterson as he graded out as the fourth worst corner in coverage according to PFF.

His final marks include giving up 52 catches for 726 yards including averaging 14 yards a catch by opposing receivers, one of the weakest in the league.

His problem was poor tackling which resulted in giving up 300 yards after the catch, ranking seventh. He consistently gave up big plays including catches of 67,57,38, and 36 yards, which killed the Cardinals defense.

Even during the Cardinals four game winning streak to start the season, Gay ironically had his four worst games, He was caught out of position frequently and showed poor technique. Six penalties and 12 missed tackles didn't help his cause during the 2012 season.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/stats_dont_lie_10_nfls_worst_cornerbacks_of_2012/12897910[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    2013 Steelers Mock Draft:

1) Kenny Vaccaro FS Texas
    2) Robert Woods WR USC
    3) Le'Veon Bell RB Mich St
    4) John Simon OLB Ohio St
    5) Dion Sims TE Mich St
    6) Duke Williams SS Nevada
    6 (comp) Vince Williams ILB Fla St
    7) Ryan Griffin QB Tulane
    have i mentioned I like this?
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    have i mentioned I like this?
    thanks...

I would be very happy with your sig mock also, the only way you could improve it is if you had Tyler Eifert.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Stats Don't Lie: The NFL's 10 Worst Cornerbacks Of 2012

By Skyler Scoggan

Gay was one of many who experienced a terrible season in the desert in 2012. While he only gave up one touchdown all season he was repetitively picked on by quarterbacks who wished to throw away from Patrick Peterson as he graded out as the fourth worst corner in coverage according to PFF.

His final marks include giving up 52 catches for 726 yards including averaging 14 yards a catch by opposing receivers, one of the weakest in the league.

His problem was poor tackling which resulted in giving up 300 yards after the catch, ranking seventh. He consistently gave up big plays including catches of 67,57,38, and 36 yards, which killed the Cardinals defense.

Even during the Cardinals four game winning streak to start the season, Gay ironically had his four worst games, He was caught out of position frequently and showed poor technique. Six penalties and 12 missed tackles didn't help his cause during the 2012 season.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/stats_dont_lie_10_nfls_worst_cornerbacks_of_2012/12897910[/URL]
    Most of that was on the outside against #2 WRs. Now, he'll be more in the nickel, where he has always been better.

I'd love to see Curtis Brown, DVD or anybody else jump up and take the job from Gay. Unfortunately, at this point, none have actually performed better than Gay.

Legend

User Info Menu

Gay is pretty good in the nickel..

I was fooled into thinking he could hold his own opposite Ike a few years ago.. as long as he isn't starting I don't have a problem with it.