Thread: Mendenhall to AZ, Bush to Lions. Will it matter?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Mendenhall to AZ, Bush to Lions. Will it matter?

I actually think Bush could be the missing piece in Det. I have always thought Bush was overrated, but that could work in the Motor city. Spread out, Reggie with space, could work. They haven't had a steady back in years. They all get hurt.

RM in AZ? Will be an afterthought. Could get a couple of 1,000 yard seasons, but that doesn't mean that much these days. I don't see any one FA signings as changing the NFL landscape, but Boldin could.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I actually think Bush could be the missing piece in Det. I have always thought Bush was overrated, but that could work in the Motor city. Spread out, Reggie with space, could work. They haven't had a steady back in years. They all get hurt.

RM in AZ? Will be an afterthought. Could get a couple of 1,000 yard seasons, but that doesn't mean that much these days. I don't see any one FA signings as changing the NFL landscape, but Boldin could.
    I think the biggest signing so far was Welker leaving Brady to go play with Peyton and the Broncos. Manning now has three stud WRs and a pretty darn good defense.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bush should help the lions not only in the run game but he's a good pass catcher with explosive speed. The Lions need help on their O-line, once they get that they could make some noise in that division.

Mendy in AZ is a different story. Wrong team, wrong time, just about everything is wrong with that fit, hell that's a cemetery for running backs!

Backup

User Info Menu

Bush will be very dangerous as a pass catcher in that offense.

Mendenhall will be useless in Arizona. He runs like a 190 pound scatback in a 230 pound body - he never met a spin or juke he didn't think he could make, and that style just doesn't work when your line isn't pushing people off the ball. If he couldn't produce decent YPC averages in Pittsburgh, he'll be Gawd awful in AZ.

The Steelers made a mistake drafting him, in a draft full of mistakes. Most thought he was a top 10 or 15 pick... we needed a running back, and he dropped to us at 22. The team was caught unprepared, didn't expect him to be there, took him without doing the usual in depth research, and it showed. Still worked out better for us than Limas Sweed, who was the 2nd rounder who "fell" to us from the late 1st grades many gave him that year.

Backup

User Info Menu

And Peyton has no dome in January.

One and done in 2012, just like I said he would be.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    And Peyton has no dome in January.

One and done in 2012, just like I said he would be.
    unless he faces us