Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did James Harrison make a mistake by not taking the Steelers offer?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Did James Harrison make a mistake by not taking the Steelers offer?

From what I understand they wanted a 30% pay cut from his 6.75 million he was to make. Even with that cut he still would be around 4.7 mill a year.
    I don't know if he would get much more than the Steelers offered as a FA.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    From what I understand they wanted a 30% pay cut from his 6.75 million he was to make. Even with that cut he still would be around 4.7 mill a year.
    I don't know if he would get much more than the Steelers offered as a FA.
    I think he did but i guess we'll find out. Don't be shocked to see him come back and take that deal if it's still on the table. I don't see him signing with the damn Ravens or the Browns for that matter. He's gotta hate both teams, especially the Ravens and the Steelers didn't do wrong by him so it's not like he's going to be "angry" like someone people like to profess.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I doubt the deal is still on the table.

seems like that money has been spent.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We'll see. I've heard that New Orleans might be interested in him. Honestly, I understand the Steelers situation from a cap perspective. However, James didn't come in as a high-paid rookie draft pick. He didn't make bank early on like some guys do. But there's also something about respect. He is a proud man who worked even harder than most to make it in this league. While the Steelers had to do what they had to do, if I'm him I would probably never consider playing for them again.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I doubt the deal is still on the table.

seems like that money has been spent.
    On whom? They aren't breaking the bank with any of the players they've taken under contract so far.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    I think he did but i guess we'll find out. Don't be shocked to see him come back and take that deal if it's still on the table. I don't see him signing with the damn Ravens or the Browns for that matter. He's gotta hate both teams, especially the Ravens and the Steelers didn't do wrong by him so it's not like he's going to be "angry" like someone people like to profess.
    I wouldn't be shocked, my concern is, would that original offer still be on the table?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    On whom? They aren't breaking the bank with any of the players they've taken under contract so far.
    foote, plax, foster, johnson. They might not have broken the bank , but collectively those dollars do add up.

they didn't have much to begin with and they have even less now. What makes you believe they would offer the same money?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    foote, plax, foster, johnson. They might not have broken the bank , but collectively those dollars do add up.

they didn't have much to begin with and they have even less now. What makes you believe they would offer the same money?
    Well they probably wouldn't but a similar deal with incentives attached is possible. As far as the contracts adding up I doubt they add up to much. I guess we'll find out.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think foster will count about 1.5 and steelz09 says foote will cost 2.5 for the first year. Even if plax and johnson signed for the vet minimum, there's another 2.

that's 6 million less than when james walked away from the table. Not exactly chump change. Not saying my numbers are entirely accurate, just speculating.

Legend

User Info Menu

nope... somebody will pay him at least $5 mil per year... I say he signs 4 years, $25 million somewhere...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville