Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Did James Harrison make a mistake by not taking the Steelers offer?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I question the validity of the report stating that he was offered a 30% paycut. I have seen no confirmation of it and it seemed like it would be reasonable for a player who stated that he wanted to remain a Steeler.
    The fact that JAMES HIMSELF hasn't publicly disputed the report? IMO tells me it's accurate.

He's never been one to keep quiet when he feels he's been wronged.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I question the validity of the report stating that he was offered a 30% paycut. I have seen no confirmation of it and it seemed like it would be reasonable for a player who stated that he wanted to remain a Steeler.
    Don't forget that the Steelers often lie for PR purposes. They know fans love JH and I could see them floating out the 30% rumor when there was really no truth to it. The Steelers constantly float out lies to swindle the fans into thinking they are aiming for certain personnel moves that were never true. I am not convinced they had any plans to keep JH at any price, unless some offer that they fully knew he would never accept, like vet min. The Steelers think they are very crafty with their propaganda. But they aren't as tricky as they think, other than to the Yinzers who blindly fall for all the spin.

Legend

User Info Menu

by Ed Bouchette

James Harrison has drawn little interest on the free market. Why both he, and the #Steelers look bad in this deal:

It’s become clear that Harrison will not see anything near the $6.57 million he was to make in salary with the Steelers this year, but then the Steelers were unwilling to pay that either. What they were willing to pay is anyone’s guess at this point – there was one report they wanted Harrison to take a 30 percent paycut and Harrison refused.

Unless Harrison gets absolutely no offers elsewhere, he’s unlikely to return to the Steelers, even if their final offer was more than what he might make elsewhere.

It's called p-r-i-d-e.

So Harrison loses money, and the Steelers lose a player they needed.

[URL]http://sulia.com/channel/football/f/e5f3a898-1f07-4164-9202-d99ae6a57e80/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I could be wrong but James might think Retiring is his best option at this time. I doubt he would come back and believe the Steelers moved on at this point

Backup

User Info Menu

The coaches want him back. If they can mend the fences with the FO he'll be back.