Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did James Harrison make a mistake by not taking the Steelers offer?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    nope... somebody will pay him at least $5 mil per year... I say he signs 4 years, $25 million somewhere...
    I will be shocked if he gets that kind of offer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I will be shocked if he gets that kind of offer.
    I have to agree with this. My guess is that he's going to have to sign a one or two year deal with a low base salary and incentives. I also believe that whoever signs him is going to get as really good football player for two years.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

nope... somebody will pay him at least $5 mil per year... I say he signs 4 years, $25 million somewhere...
    I don't think the Steelers were willing to pay Harrison even $4.7 million, and i still think he made a mistake by not cutting a deal. No way he gets 4 years, $25 milllion. He's 35 years old, has been injured a good portion of the past two seasons, his production has been down, and he is the poster boy for Goodell's war-on-football-as-we-used-to-know-it. He''ll be lucky to get 2 years for $8 million.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I have to agree with this. My guess is that he's going to have to sign a one or two year deal with a low base salary and incentives. I also believe that whoever signs him is going to get as really good football player for two years.

Pappy
    I think whoever gets him will expect 2-3 good years, but, will sign him for a longer term (3-4), knowing that can cut him a couple of years down the line if they need to... I say he'll have a 2015 roster bonus that he'll never see... either way, my gut says it'll average $5 mil per or higher...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Backup

User Info Menu

$5 Million???

4yrs???

Are u insane??

1 yr deal...for vet minimum...

He better tuck-tail and return to the Steelers!!!

JD
    Last edited by JDSteeler; 03-13-2013 at 12:11 AM.
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Legend

User Info Menu

he'll probably at least double that salary ina signing bonus

Legend

User Info Menu

Some bad team with a lot of cap space (there's quite a few) is going to see Harrison as a guy who's "young" for his age, with something major to prove (recovered from injury and Steelers not keeping him), a TON of intensity and intimidation factor, and a Super Bowl winner and former Defensive player of the year. He's going to get some bank. You can never underestimate the stupidity/propensity to overpay of ownership in the NFL. Never.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Some bad team with a lot of cap space (there's quite a few) is going to see Harrison as a guy who's "young" for his age, with something major to prove (recovered from injury and Steelers not keeping him), a TON of intensity and intimidation factor, and a Super Bowl winner and former Defensive player of the year. He's going to get some bank. You can never underestimate the stupidity/propensity to overpay of ownership in the NFL. Never.
    If Harrison had not been effectively blackballed by Goodell, I would agree...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He did make a mistake.... Even with a 30% pay cut he would be making crazy money and a high chance to get back to playoffs\Superbowl...
    On the flip side if that was the first offer the Steelers should have changed that to 25% to counter given the 150% effort he puts in...
    He is down to his last few years of being able to play.....

Sword

Backup

User Info Menu

Yes. Next question?