Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did James Harrison make a mistake by not taking the Steelers offer?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    nope... somebody will pay him at least $5 mil per year... I say he signs 4 years, $25 million somewhere...
    I will be shocked if he gets that kind of offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I will be shocked if he gets that kind of offer.
    I have to agree with this. My guess is that he's going to have to sign a one or two year deal with a low base salary and incentives. I also believe that whoever signs him is going to get as really good football player for two years.

Pappy

1.15) Ra'Shede Hageman - DE
    2.47) Jason Verrett - CB
    3.97) CJ Fiedorowicz - TE
    4.114) Brandon Coleman - WR
    5.145) Lamin Barrow - ILB
    5.173) Terrance Mitchell - CB
    6.176)
    7.207) Jay Bromley - DT
    7.215)

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

nope... somebody will pay him at least $5 mil per year... I say he signs 4 years, $25 million somewhere...
    I don't think the Steelers were willing to pay Harrison even $4.7 million, and i still think he made a mistake by not cutting a deal. No way he gets 4 years, $25 milllion. He's 35 years old, has been injured a good portion of the past two seasons, his production has been down, and he is the poster boy for Goodell's war-on-football-as-we-used-to-know-it. He''ll be lucky to get 2 years for $8 million.

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I have to agree with this. My guess is that he's going to have to sign a one or two year deal with a low base salary and incentives. I also believe that whoever signs him is going to get as really good football player for two years.

Pappy
    I think whoever gets him will expect 2-3 good years, but, will sign him for a longer term (3-4), knowing that can cut him a couple of years down the line if they need to... I say he'll have a 2015 roster bonus that he'll never see... either way, my gut says it'll average $5 mil per or higher...
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Backup
    $5 Million???

4yrs???

Are u insane??

1 yr deal...for vet minimum...

He better tuck-tail and return to the Steelers!!!

JD
    Last edited by JDSteeler; 03-13-2013 at 12:11 AM.
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Hall of Famer
    he'll probably at least double that salary ina signing bonus

Pro Bowler
    Some bad team with a lot of cap space (there's quite a few) is going to see Harrison as a guy who's "young" for his age, with something major to prove (recovered from injury and Steelers not keeping him), a TON of intensity and intimidation factor, and a Super Bowl winner and former Defensive player of the year. He's going to get some bank. You can never underestimate the stupidity/propensity to overpay of ownership in the NFL. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Some bad team with a lot of cap space (there's quite a few) is going to see Harrison as a guy who's "young" for his age, with something major to prove (recovered from injury and Steelers not keeping him), a TON of intensity and intimidation factor, and a Super Bowl winner and former Defensive player of the year. He's going to get some bank. You can never underestimate the stupidity/propensity to overpay of ownership in the NFL. Never.
    If Harrison had not been effectively blackballed by Goodell, I would agree...

He did make a mistake.... Even with a 30% pay cut he would be making crazy money and a high chance to get back to playoffs\Superbowl...
    On the flip side if that was the first offer the Steelers should have changed that to 25% to counter given the 150% effort he puts in...
    He is down to his last few years of being able to play.....

Sword

Backup
    Yes. Next question?