Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers re-sign David Johnson

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I though maybe DJ would follow Mendenhall to wherever else, so he could lead block again for him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I guess this kills my Tyler Eifert pick.
    you weren't going to be able to draft Eifert with our 2nd round pick anyway...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I just feel there is more value in a TE than a receiver in Haley's offense, but moreso we don't really know if Heath will be the same Miller we had before the injury. Also, with Miller's age and contract I thought it would be good to get a top TE now while we have opportunity.
    This kid is terrific, he's like a vacuum on the field catching everything in sight, but my name isn't Colbert so my opinion doesn't count.

Hawaiian,
    Your right, I have him in the second round in my mock but would of moved him up.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 03-12-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    you weren't going to be able to draft Eifert with our 2nd round pick anyway...
    I want him with the first. Still do. Johnson is a serviceable backup and will do OK with Heath out of commission.

Administrator

User Info Menu

haha .... Another idiotic signing.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Do they even watch film of the other 31 teams out there? Do we not have a pro player personnel guy anymore? Does their "Available Free Agent" list at every position have all ex-Steelers on it?

That's the only way to explain David Johnson being at the top of any "TE" list I know of.

Legend

User Info Menu

David Johnson is not a TE.
    He is a large, round waste of a roster spot

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This guy's a blocker and not much more. Weslye Saunders was cut last year and signed with the Colts, he was the better receiver. I think D. Johnson and Paulson will fight it out with whatever rookie we draft. Hopefully its Eifert and we cut D. Johnson after Miller returns from injury. I like Will Johnson better at FB or HB better than D Johnson as well.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    This guy's a blocker and not much more. Weslye Saunders was cut last year and signed with the Colts, he was the better receiver. I think D. Johnson and Paulson will fight it out with whatever rookie we draft. Hopefully its Eifert and we cut D. Johnson after Miller returns from injury. I like Will Johnson better at FB or HB better than D Johnson as well.
    Exactly.... Saunders was a good receiving target. He shouldn't have been cut.

W. Johnson was a better FB and no worse of a receiver than D. Johnson.

Then you have Paulson (who Tomlin likes) and saw playing time and of course Miller. This signing makes NO SENSE!
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Exactly.... Saunders was a good receiving target. He shouldn't have been cut.

W. Johnson was a better FB and no worse of a receiver than D. Johnson.

Then you have Paulson (who Tomlin likes) and saw playing time and of course Miller. This signing makes NO SENSE!
    It is smoke and mirrors for the draft and a camp body.