Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58

Thread: Steelers re-sign David Johnson

  1. #21
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    Oh FFS.........

  2. #22
    Again this thread confirms how basically sheeplike and moronic most fans are. David Johnson is good depth, strong solid blocker. Good teammate. Profootballfocus says it well about the comparison between Will Johnson and David Johnson. Will Johnson is marginally better as an athlete and offensive player. David Johnson is far superior as a blocker. Final analysis David Johnson is a better player. But let's get the morons all aboard the hate on DJ train, choo-choo.

  3. #23
    Does this mean that Leonard Pope won't be returning?

    Crap...

  4. #24
    I'm not a big fan of David Johnson, whose best game as a blocker was probably the preseason game where he got hurt.

    That said, this signing means absolutely nothing. He probably signed for the minimum and is not guaranteed to make it through camp. This is what the Steelers do; they make sure that they have people under contract at every position before the draft so they can take the BPA. As they see things, Paulson is the only healthy TE on the roster. Johnson gives them 2 and gives them competition for Will Johnson at FB. DJ is not even guaranteed a roster spot and this move likely has no cap impact. DJ is simply insurance, nothing more.

  5. #25
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Does Haley use a FB in his offense cause that is really what David Johnson is?
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 03-13-2013 at 09:23 AM.
    @_Hellgrammite

  6. #26
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    Again this thread confirms how basically sheeplike and moronic most fans are. David Johnson is good depth, strong solid blocker. Good teammate. Profootballfocus says it well about the comparison between Will Johnson and David Johnson. Will Johnson is marginally better as an athlete and offensive player. David Johnson is far superior as a blocker. Final analysis David Johnson is a better player. But let's get the morons all aboard the hate on DJ train, choo-choo.
    Really? I thought Will Johnson proved this year that he was a better blocker than David Johnson has ever been at any point in his career.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Really? I thought Will Johnson proved this year that he was a better blocker than David Johnson has ever been at any point in his career.
    David Johnson can blow people up when he hits them. The problem is that he doesn't always hit somebody. Will Johnson usually seems to get a hat on somebody but doesn't seem to blow people up like a Kreider. Both are flawed blockers, IMO.

  8. #28
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,408
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    David Johnson can blow people up when he hits them. The problem is that he doesn't always hit somebody. Will Johnson usually seems to get a hat on somebody but doesn't seem to blow people up like a Kreider. Both are flawed blockers, IMO.
    Exactly, as a FB, you need to get a hat on somebody. I've watched David Johnson to many times run as a lead blocker and not touch anybody. If no one is there by their lonesome, you find somebody to hit even if that means helping an o-lineman with his block.

    Can't stand that about DJ.

  9. #29
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,188
    I vomited in my mouth when I read this Are we really this hard up
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #30
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I vomited in my mouth when I read this Are we really this hard up
    What are you talking about?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •