Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers interested in RB Beanie Wells

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers interested in RB Beanie Wells

Bengals, Steelers interested in Beanie Wells

MAR 12
    By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

Former Cardinals running back Beanie Wells has drawn interest from the Steelers and Bengals, a source told ESPN.com.

The Steelers are looking for a featured back, but they don't have much salary-cap room to spend on a high-profile one. The Bengals are looking to add another running back to go with BenJarvus Green-Ellis, although it was assumed they would pursue a more explosive runner.

Wells, 24, a first-round pick in 2009, was cut by the Cardinals on Monday. He fell out of favor in Arizona because he couldn't stay healthy.

Wells' power running style would seem to suit the Steelers, who are expected to let Rashard Mendenhall go elsewhere in free agency. That leaves the Steelers with an underwhelming group of Jonathan Dwyer, Isaac Redman and Baron Batch.

In 2011, his best season in the NFL, Wells rushed for 1,047 yards and 10 touchdowns. Last season, he was limited to eight games due to a turf toe injury and was benched in late December.

In his four-year NFL career, Wells has averaged 4.0 yards per carry and has only three 100-yard rushing games.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/66907/bengals-steelers-interested-in-beanie-wells[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'd be alright with that if he'd stay healthy.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Just what we need: A RB who is constantly injured and never once looked like he lived up to his potential. I smell PEDs with this one. Stay away.

Legend

User Info Menu

I may have my Scarlet and Gray glasses on, but I'd love to see Beanie in the Black and Gold. There's a lot of upside if (and that's a big if) he can stay healthy and his price tag should be cap friendly.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Low mileage too.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Warning: PEDs likely. Excessive size + power + always injured = juice.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I may have my Scarlet and Gray glasses on, but I'd love to see Beanie in the Black and Gold. There's a lot of upside if (and that's a big if) he can stay healthy and his price tag should be cap friendly.
    thank you.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Warning: PEDs likely. Excessive size + power + always injured = juice.
    Do you have first hand experience with this phenomena? Or did you read it on bodybuilding.com's forums?
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Go for a RB like Mike Goodson or someone that sat behind a stud and is looking for his breakout chance over an injury prone RB.
    @_Hellgrammite

Rookie

User Info Menu

NOOOOO! Why would the Steelers want this guy? He hasn't done anything since he's been in the NFL!