Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers interested in RB Beanie Wells

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I think most of us if not all 1,000% agree that it sucks to be down on our team. Fact is we were 8-8. We just lost a damn fine young CB (assuming we will), our #1 WR, a disappointing first round RB, our stud OLB that was the identity of our defense. So far to improve our club that was 8-8 we re-signed an old ILB for three years and an old WR that they wouldn't even dress.

Let's just hope we have one hell of a draft.
    I hear ya... but, it's an 8-8 team that had lots of injuries... with a healthy Ben alone, that's an 11-5 team and Colbert knows it. While I agree we've lost a lot, at the same time, I'm not terribly worried at this point. Even with a sucky draft, I could see 10-6.

The #1 defense lost Harrison, Casey and a CB that couldn't beat out Will Gay when he was there... Gay, while not great, is back, Worilds played decent in fill in, as did McClendon. Even with a bad draft, this will be a top5 defense again.

Offensively, they could use a WR with speed (though the short routes won't take advangage of it)... a lot of mid-round RBs could fill Mendy's place -- as you said, he was a dissapointment.

It's not as bad as ya think... I'm expecting playoffs again this year. Maybe I'm just stuck in my black and gold glasses...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Broncos likely to sign Rashard Mendenhall [url]http://wp.me/p14QSB-7Cp3[/url]

Just for ****s and giggles..If they sign Spinderella and cut say...Moreno..would we go for him? I'd give him a shot.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Broncos likely to sign Rashard Mendenhall [URL]http://wp.me/p14QSB-7Cp3[/URL]

Just for ****s and giggles..If they sign Spinderella and cut say...Moreno..would we go for him? I'd give him a shot.
    Yes to Moreno.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Broncos likely to sign Rashard Mendenhall [url]http://wp.me/p14QSB-7Cp3[/url]

I've watched enough of No Go Moreno here in Denver that I would not like to see him in Pittsburgh. Nor would I like them to sign Beanie Wells. He just screams mediocrity. If we can't get Steven Jackson I would be OK with letting the draft decide our fate at the RB position.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Yes to Moreno.
    Why the hell would we want Moreno? If that's the case we should have signed Mendenhall.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Why the hell would we want Moreno? If that's the case we should have signed Mendenhall.
    Knowshon is talented... when he's there... But, I wouldn't touch him. He's never there... Rather have Beanie (did I just SAY that?)

3.98 -<tbd>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Would Steve Slaton be worth a look if he came in for cheap? I know he has been injury prone and fumbled, but he does have a skill set that maybe a change in scenery back to this area of the country could be a good thing.

Would be an upgrade over Redman I would think.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Would Steve Slaton be worth a look if he came in for cheap? I know he has been injury prone and fumbled, but he does have a skill set that maybe a change in scenery back to this area of the country could be a good thing.
    I soooo hope that was sarcasm... As a guy in Louisville, I loved when he ran the ball - he was guaranteed to put it on the turf a few times.

3.98 -<tbd>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I've watched enough of No Go Moreno here in Denver that I would not like to see him in Pittsburgh. Nor would I like them to sign Beanie Wells. He just screams mediocrity. If we can't get Steven Jackson I would be OK with letting the draft decide our fate at the RB position.
    he's been a disappointment, but during the playoffs i thought i heard them say the brocnos FO were happy with him after getting a 2nd chance

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I soooo hope that was sarcasm... As a guy in Louisville, I loved when he ran the ball - he was guaranteed to put it on the turf a few times.
    [url]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=jeo--p5VykA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Djeo--p5VykA[/url]

Unless this is wrong, in 720+ opportunities of touching the football he didn't cough it up a single time. Maybe a change in scenery would help.....

[url]http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/steve-slaton-1.html[/url]
    @_Hellgrammite