Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace on the verge of signing a 5 year deal with Miami

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Well, guess we can agree now that Mike Wallace made the correct decision to not accept the offer the Steelers gave him- it would seem it was massively undervalued.

Does that put Wallace in the Top 10 WR pay packages now?

Guess his agent was on the money on that too.

Let's hope our #1 WR lives up to the value of his contract.
    i saw a tweet that said his guaranteed money is third or fourth highest for current WR deals behind Fitzgerald, Megatron and one other wr. Sorry I can't remember who posted that.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

so let me get this straight...

Mike Wallace is worth more than Anquan Boldin and Wes Welker put together?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Vikings releasing wide receiver Mike Wallace
    Posted by Darin Gantt on March 8, 2016, 3:25 PM EST

Once upon a time, Mike Wallace was one of the prizes of the opening days of free agency.

Today, he’s unemployed.

According to Tom Pelissero of USA Today, the Vikings are releasing the veteran speedster, who has failed to live up to his potential in two cities since his big contract.

The Dolphins traded him to the Vikings rather than continue to pay him, and he responded by catching 39 passes for 473 yards last year. That didn’t mesh with the nearly $12 million he was owed this year.

The Dolphins gave him what was billed as a five-year, $60 million contract in 2013, but since leaving Pittsburgh, he’s never gotten come close to being a 1,000-yard receiver like he was with the Steelers.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/08/vikings-releasing-wide-receiver-mike-wallace/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Some serious deflation going on with "Young Money." But hey, if he's willing to work hard and adapt his game, maybe he can catch on with some team (for a modest contract) as a 4th-5th receiver/ST player like DHB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lets resign him for the vet minimum
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Lets resign him for the vet minimum

Why would we want the bum? Two teams, two failures. His fan boys can't blame two separate QBs can they?

The reality is he is athletic but limited in WR skills. Ben made him look better than he ever was and we all now know that AB helped him far more than he ever helped AB as some tried to claim.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

[URL=http://s442.photobucket.com/user/pittpete/media/wallace.jpg.html][/URL]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Well, guess we can agree now that Mike Wallace made the correct decision to not accept the offer the Steelers gave him- it would seem it was massively undervalued.

Does that put Wallace in the Top 10 WR pay packages now?

Guess his agent was on the money on that too.

Let's hope our #1 WR lives up to the value of his contract.
    With hindsight being 20/20, this post now seems hilarious!!
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

If Wallace had balled out in his last year, he would be welcomed back...but, he didn't, so he isn't...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It's been fun watching Flipper's career go nowhere since he left. Especially if, like me, you were correct about his value all along.