Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if.........

Legend

User Info Menu

What if.........

Ben stays healthy for 16 games this year?
    Woodley gets back to 2010 ProBowl form?
    Troy stays healthy all year?
    Cortez Allen starts at CB and has a better year than Lewis did?
    The O-line isn't decimated by injuries?
    Worilds who's playing for a contract makes us forget about Harrison?
    McLendon does his best Joel Steed imitation?
    We get a bruising FA running back like Jackson or Greene?

What say you doom and gloomers?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

11-5 lose to the Pats in the AFC championship game.

Backup

User Info Menu

I say the organization as a whole needs to put a priority on scoring points and not trying to steal wins with time of possession.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Ben stays healthy for 16 games this year?
    Woodley gets back to 2010 ProBowl form?
    Troy stays healthy all year?
    Cortez Allen starts at CB and has a better year than Lewis did?
    The O-line isn't decimated by injuries?
    Worilds who's playing for a contract makes us forget about Harrison?
    McLendon does his best Joel Steed imitation?
    We get a bruising FA running back like Jackson or Greene?

What say you doom and gloomers?
    You had me until Shonn Greene. How is he better than Dwyer or Redman? Further, LeVeon Bell is already better than Shonn Greene.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I would happily take any three of those "what ifs"...especially the Ben healthy one and the o-line one...

If the Woodley one was #3, that would be enough to get them back to the playoffs, IMO...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    I say the organization as a whole needs to put a priority on scoring points and not trying to steal wins with time of possession.
    You ain't kidding, now lets get Tyler Eifert in here with Le'veon Bell, combined with a healty Ben& O-line the Steelers could make some noise.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Wait...you mean try and make our offense top 5 for once while our defense deals with transition? Noooooo......20,000 Steeler fans just rolled their eyes and put on their Lambert Jersey's shaking their heads in disbelief at such a stupid concept.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

If ifs and buts were beer and nuts, we'd already be celebrating our 7th Lombardi...

Back in the world of reality, we still have too many aging, injury-prone and underperforming players in key positions...we still have most of the same people coaching, planning and calling the shots...unless this team is intentional about acquiring some better, younger, healthier players for key positions, getting the returning players better and healthier, and doing a better job of coaching and decision-making, you can expect another season of mediocrity. Just acquiring one good running back will not be enough, IMO, although it will help.

And I agree with Crash, we've got to quit de-emphasizing the offense, and find a way to score points. Especially this coming season...I don't think it's reasonable to expect our defense to carry the team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    If ifs and buts were beer and nuts, we'd already be celebrating our 7th Lombardi...

Back in the world of reality, we still have too many aging, injury-prone and underperforming players in key positions...we still have most of the same people coaching, planning and calling the shots...unless this team is intentional about acquiring some better, younger, healthier players for key positions, getting the returning players better and healthier, and doing a better job of coaching and decision-making, you can expect another season of mediocrity. Just acquiring one good running back will not be enough, IMO, although it will help.

And I agree with Crash, we've got to quit de-emphasizing the offense, and find a way to score points. Especially this coming season...I don't think it's reasonable to expect our defense to carry the team.
    Agreed. We have a supposed top 5 QB that eats up a lot of damn money. Defense was first in yards against and 5th or 6th in points against, while offense was 22nd in points scored. The result was 8-8. I guarantee you that if the offense is top 5 and defense slips to an average defense, we go way better than 8-8.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Just trying to bring a little optimism to a board filled with doubters who DO NOT have a magic crystal ball.
    Contrary to what lloydroid says.....