Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers release Colon...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

tomlin was hired to win games and so far he is doing a pretty good job at it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Who was on watch in the draft room when we picked T Martin before T Brady ???
    Says Cleveland who picked Spergon Wynn 6 picks before. A lot of teams obviously missed on Brady. That said, had he gone to another team besides the Pats, I doubt his career ends up like it has.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Do your parents ever tell you that you are spoiled?

Just in case they don't,

YOU'RE SPOILED.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Who was on watch for the same thing for the 31 other teams that passed on him for 6 straight rounds.

How true.

Brady became one of the great late round gems in NFL history. Not one team in the NFL thought he was an NFL caliber QB. I think pre draft he was ranked 15th-20th among QB's and they were saying his arm wasn't strong enough, etc. It's not like we picked Tee Martin with the 17th overall pick and Brady.
    Don't Forget to bring a Towel

Legend

User Info Menu

Cowher's players. Look at the stellar depth particularly on the defensive side.
    i know... cowher did a great job with Timmons, Woodley, Lewis... wait.. those weren't his... Wallace, and Brown and Mendenhall.... and the whole O-line... wait... nevermind...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    tomlin was hired to win games and so far he is doing a pretty good job at it.
    Yup. He did.. With Cowher's players. Now that he needs to find his own players (particularly on defense), this team is going downhill. Good thing Ben is around... if he stay healthy (unlikey) and doesn't take sacks that put us in 3rd and long (unlikely) and out of field goal range (unlikely).

Tomlin should stay out of personnel decisions. period.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    i know... cowher did a great job with Timmons, Woodley, Lewis... wait.. those weren't his... Wallace, and Brown and Mendenhall.... and the whole O-line... wait... nevermind...
    Farrior - (Cowher) > Timmons (Tomlin)
    Foote - (Cowher) > ??? - (Tomlin)
    Smith - (Cowher) > Hood - (Tomlin)
    Harrison (Cowher) > Worilds (Tomlin)
    Haggans (Cowher) < Woodley (Tomlin)
    Ike (Cowher) > Lewis (Tomlin)
    Polamalu (Cowher) > ??? (Tomlin)
    Ryan Clark (Cowher) > ???? (Tomlin)
    Keisel (Cowher) > Heyward (Tomlin)
    Hampton (Cowher) > McClendon (Tomlin)

Keep living the lie.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Farrior - (Cowher) > Timmons (Tomlin)
    Foote - (Cowher) > ??? - (Tomlin)
    Smith - (Cowher) > Hood - (Tomlin)
    Harrison (Cowher) > Worilds (Tomlin)
    Haggans (Cowher) < Woodley (Tomlin)
    Ike (Cowher) > Lewis (Tomlin)
    Polamalu (Cowher) > ??? (Tomlin)
    Ryan Clark (Cowher) > ???? (Tomlin)
    Keisel (Cowher) > Heyward (Tomlin)
    Hampton (Cowher) > McClendon (Tomlin)

Keep living the lie.
    What game is this exactly? Pose your response as a point of strength for you but ignore all the other players he mentioned? I'd take Timmons is still young and he's much more dynamic than Farrior. You then don't mention any of the receivers, Woodley. Clark was a FA signing not a draft pick, the same can be said for Farrior. You should also be smacked over the head with something hard for saying Haggans > Woodley. As far as your question marks are concerned I suppose Tomlin should be penalized for not drafting players opposite the guys you chose to mention.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    What game is this exactly? Pose your response as a point of strength for you but ignore all the other players he mentioned? I'd take Timmons is still young and he's much more dynamic than Farrior. You then don't mention any of the receivers, Woodley. Clark was a FA signing not a draft pick, the same can be said for Farrior. You should also be smacked over the head with something hard for saying Haggans > Woodley. As far as your question marks are concerned I suppose Tomlin should be penalized for not drafting players opposite the guys you chose to mention.
    Actually, it reads Haggans < Woodley. Before you insult somebody, maybe you should learn to read a bit closer. No kidding I mentioned free agents... thanks captain of the obvious.

Tomlin's best FA pickup: Foote (another Cowher guy). Tomlin's second best FA pickup: Burress (Cowher). hahah.... the truth hurts doesn't it?

Who else has he signed that has provided value? Mahan or the ever so fragile Leftwich that can't stay healthy.

Hines (Cowher) > Sanders, Wallace and Brown
    Holmes (Cowher) > Sanders, Wallace and Brown
    Starks (Cowher) > Adams/Gilbert
    Bettis / Parker (Cowher) > Mendenhall
    Miller (Cowher) > DJ, WJ, Paulson combined

How much longer should I go here? I've listed just about every position by now. Live the lie.

Legend

User Info Menu

how is harrison considered a choker player when he didnt get off the bench until tomlin became head coach ??