Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Steelers release Colon...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Only move the last couple of days that makes sense.
    Keeps the door open for that Guard Cooper they have been talking about a lot lately. I thought that was closed when they signed Foster.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why are we trying to compare players that have played and completed their entire careers with guys like Mike Adams who is one year removed from college?

People will say whatever they like, construe the argument in a fashion to suit their argument, and label it the truth.

Is Pouncey a better OC than Dawson? Is Cortez Allen better than Rod Woodson? Is DeCastro better than Faneca? Some of the comparisons given are seasoned vets vs 1st year NFL players.

Could Tomlin draft better? Sure. But that same argument must be levelled at Cowher too. Cowher also had several years with Tom Donahue assisting in the personnel decisions before Colbert came on. How much influence did Donahue have over some of Cowhers great players?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Why does Cowher and Tomlin take all the heat or praise for players? I thought head coaches worked with the rest of the FO to pick/add players. General mangers like Donahoe and Colbert have how much say Vs the head coach? Some of these players are I feel Colbert players Vs Colbert players. I understand the Coach has input. But how much I question. Also the cap does come into effect with all these players from differnt years some how.
    Valid and has always been a bit of unkown. It's always been said that Cowher had or wanted quite a bit of 'say' in the draft. Tomlin is an influential personality and I think he's always had more say than what most people think even in his first draft. What I don't get is that most blame Cowher for his picks and don't praise him for his ability to build teams and Tomlin gets the credit for the good picks and it's Colbert's fault for the bad picks. Slim to none objective analysis.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    and haggans was average at best on the other side. we even saw james play in his spot and do well when he was hurt, so im not buying that excuse. why wasnt he starting in place of clark
    I completely agree. I don't think you saw my previous post. I never got that either. Haggans was decent but I thought it was Harrison time at that point. I would have liked to see Harrison / Porter for a year or two.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    He's almost as bad as Lloyddroid. I wouldn't continue to waste your time, just as I'm not going to bother responding to his post to me. When people have their mind made up about someone or some thing and are too ignorant to admit they're making a ridiculous string of arguments it's not worth your time, my time or anyone elses time. We have some truly ridiculous people on this message board. I'm just glad for the most part they are few and far between.
    I was coming to the "why waste my time" conclusion... I know better... it's actually why i dissappear for long spells at a time off the msg boards -- it's often when ignorance dominates the posts...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Administrator

User Info Menu

Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether you agree with it or not.

If you just want the "love affair" posts, simply ignore everyone that might criticize a person you have that love affair with. Use the ignore feature on the message board. That is why it's there for.

Backup

User Info Menu

Crickets still chirping...........

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Crickets still chirping...........
    I've already made my point. Read up Crash and spin it in whatever direction you want.

Backup

User Info Menu

You have no point, you hailed Cowher as this drafting guru.

When truth of the matter is for most of his drafting career Cowher struggled. And it was Dan Rooney who saved his legacy in 2004.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    You have no point, you hailed Cowher as this drafting guru.

When truth of the matter is for most of his drafting career Cowher struggled. And it was Dan Rooney who saved his legacy in 2004.
    That's an interesting perspective.