Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 62

Thread: Steelers release Colon...

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    has to be the worst contract of the last 20 years.
    The fact that Chris Kemoeatu got a contract extension was even worse.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

  2. #12
    The list of contracts handed out to offensive lineman under the Colbert/Tomlin tenure is embarressing.

    Sean Mahan (released 2 year in)
    Kendall Simmons (release 2 years in)
    The "Starks Fiasco" - Transition Tag - Franchise Tag - 4-year/$26 million contract (released 2 year in)
    Kemoeatu (released 2 year in)
    Willie Colon (renegotiated AND released)

  3. #13
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by deljzc View Post
    The list of contracts handed out to offensive lineman under the Colbert/Tomlin tenure is embarressing.

    Sean Mahan (released 2 year in)
    Kendall Simmons (release 2 years in)
    The "Starks Fiasco" - Transition Tag - Franchise Tag - 4-year/$26 million contract (released 2 year in)
    Kemoeatu (released 2 year in)
    Willie Colon (renegotiated AND released)
    I know, two Super Bowl appearances with one win is embarrassing right? Right?
    Here comes the BOOM!

  4. #14
    And we've had two missed playoffs and two embarrassing first round playoff exits too. All during the "prime" of a top-5 franchise quarterback.

    You can look at it glass half full or glass half empty.

    I think this organization has missed out on some success because of poor front office decisions the last 5 years. Good players can cover up some bad decisions. And a great quarterback can cover up more. Never said we were bad across the board.

    Just said the offensive line and the decisions on who get money and when has been pretty piss poor.

  5. #15
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,648
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I know, two Super Bowl appearances with one win is embarrassing right? Right?
    Cowher's players. Look at the stellar depth particularly on the defensive side.

  6. #16
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    And Cowher won early with Noll's players.

    When they left Cowher didn't win either.

    Then Dan Rooney pulled rank and saved Cowher from drafting Shawn Andrews in 2004.

  7. #17
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    And Cowher won early with Noll's players.

    When they left Cowher didn't win either.

    Then Dan Rooney pulled rank and saved Cowher from drafting Shawn Andrews in 2004.
    thats funny... over all the years that Cowher was here ... look at the draft history and signings. Then look at Tomlins. Tomlin has surpassed or is damn close to surpassing Cowher in the "bad drafts" arens in only 5 years. I don't think Tomlin has had a good free agent signing yet... Well, maybe Foote (a cowher player)

    Cowher's biggest problem was the QB situation for all those years. That was no secret.

  8. #18
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Tomlin said we squashed grapes in 2012, but will work to drink the wine in our future endeavors.

  9. #19
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    Not funny at all. It's fact.

    6 years in a row in the playoffs.

    The Noll players began to leave and they couldn't win, 4 of 6 years at home with two 10 loss seasons and a 9 loss in that time span.

    Then #7 showed up, and saved Bill Cowher's ***.

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,387
    Cowher had his share of clunkers in the draft.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •