Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: All signs point to Kenny Vaccaro

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    my bad... jumped the gun...

funny thing about it, is it seems like you can't even have reasonable conversation about "what if" on all the positions with Eifert groupies jumping in... I'm thinking ILB, OLB, WR, RB, NT and even S are very possible... there are starters to be had at all the positions, depending on how the draft falls - and saying "it takes too long to get intergrated in this defense" is a horrible response. It's basically proposing that you wait one more year to get a potential starter for a year LATER... starting ILB coudl happen right away, if needed (Kendrell Bell).. As could NT (Casey). Both Woodley and Timmons were "in the rotation" as rooks.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    funny thing about it, is it seems like you can't even have reasonable conversation about "what if" on all the positions with Eifert groupies jumping in... I'm thinking ILB, OLB, WR, RB, NT and even S are very possible... there are starters to be had at all the positions, depending on how the draft falls - and saying "it takes too long to get intergrated in this defense" is a horrible response. It's basically proposing that you wait one more year to get a potential starter for a year LATER... starting ILB coudl happen right away, if needed (Kendrell Bell).. As could NT (Casey). Both Woodley and Timmons were "in the rotation" as rooks.
    Seems like the majority are locked in on Jones or Eifert.

As far as other positions go, I don't like any ILBs, SS, FS, WR, RB, or NT at 17. There could be an CB, LT, or LG that falls to us even though those aren't desperate positions of need. Overall, I kinda hope we trade down. I think this draft is super deep in rounds 2-5, but kinda stinks around where we pick.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wouldn't argue with a trade down. It would be nice to add an additional 2nd and maybe another late pick. That would work, I see the same talent at 23-27 as I do at 17.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Backup

User Info Menu

absolutely. Trade down and pick up another 2nd-3rd

Rookie

User Info Menu

It doesn't have to be complicated.

Just pick the best player available. If that's Eifert, so be it. If that's Vaccaro, so be it.

The team could stand an upgrade at several positions, all mentioned previously....

Just pick the best guy...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    It doesn't have to be complicated.

Just pick the best player available. If that's Eifert, so be it. If that's Vaccaro, so be it.

The team could stand an upgrade at several positions, all mentioned previously....

Just pick the best guy...
    But alas, easier said than done.... I am sure the Steelers thought Mendenhall and Hood were the best players available in those drafts, passing on Rice, Forte and Kruger. Seems that didn't work out so well....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    color me wary of texas players.

they all seem soft.

Exactly. Lots of problems there these days. I'd be very wary. We have a senior scout that is in love with tu. Clearly he's being shown a good time down there and he's pushing those kids on us.

They've signed top class after top class and have been playing poorly and not developing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Apr 2nd, 2013 by Dominic Di Tolla

1)17. Pittsburgh Steelers: Kenny Vaccaro FS/SS (Texas)

If the Steelers look for a safety early, they might be wise to target the talented Kenny Vaccaro (6’1″ 218 lbs.) as they begin the rebuilding process in their secondary. Vaccaro was the Longhorns’ leading tackler last year (104) and added 4.0 tackles for loss, forced two fumbles, and made 2 interceptions as well. A two-and-a-half year starter at Texas (31 Starts, 50 Games), Vaccaro played both free and strong safety during his collegiate career, and is adept at helping with coverage in the slot in “Big Nickel” packages too.

[URL]http://nicepickcowher.com/2013/04/02/2013-nfl-mock-draft-3-full-rounds-pittsburgh-steelers-picks-rounds-1-7/2/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Apr 2nd, 2013 by Dominic Di Tolla

1)17. Pittsburgh Steelers: Kenny Vaccaro FS/SS (Texas)

If the Steelers look for a safety early, they might be wise to target the talented Kenny Vaccaro (6’1″ 218 lbs.) as they begin the rebuilding process in their secondary. Vaccaro was the Longhorns’ leading tackler last year (104) and added 4.0 tackles for loss, forced two fumbles, and made 2 interceptions as well. A two-and-a-half year starter at Texas (31 Starts, 50 Games), Vaccaro played both free and strong safety during his collegiate career, and is adept at helping with coverage in the slot in “Big Nickel” packages too.

[URL]http://nicepickcowher.com/2013/04/02/2013-nfl-mock-draft-3-full-rounds-pittsburgh-steelers-picks-rounds-1-7/2/[/URL]
    Did this guy forget that Tyler Eiffert is in this draft?

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Pappy, I think the O struggled not due to a lack of talent but a lack of comfort with the new O. I believe it will be better this year even without the addition of a new talent.
    I tend to agree. The O felt like it was coming into its own before Ben went down. But I think we went over 30 points only once during the season (and lost to the Raiders) and there were 6 games where we scored less than 20 points (2 early in the season, before Ben's injury, 1 at Ben's injury, 3 after Ben's injury).

On the season, we averaged 21 points. That ranks 22nd in the league and just plain isn't good enough. With most of the rules favoring the offense, we need to score more points.