Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All signs point to Kenny Vaccaro

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

All signs point to Kenny Vaccaro

to be the guy at 1/17. Unless Jones or Mingo miraculously fall. With the signings of Foster, Foote and Burress. Vacarro would see playing time in the Nickel and Dime sub packages and be a nice insurance if/when Troy goes down

Legend

User Info Menu

I view most of those signings as "depth, but, capable of starting" type signings... allowing again for a BPA philosophy. With these signings you mention, only OG comes off the board... ILB and WR are still quite possible, as is OLB and NT...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I said all the while either Vaccaro, Patterson or Allen. Bank on it...
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

color me wary of texas players.

they all seem soft.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree. Jones is the pick if he falls. I'm not sold on Mingo, actually think Vacarro to be the more sure thing. Vacarro is the most likely pick.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers need offensive play makers that come into camp, work their arses off and get on the field and help an offense that didn't put enough points on the board last year. Ben is 31 and his time will be winding down within the next 5 years and then who knows how long before another quarterback falls to the Steelers.

There are players in place to take over (you may not like them or believe they are of lesser quality, but they are there) on defense except behind Troy and at this point the defense is going to have to roll with what is left after the everyone is released. The biggest losses whether you like the players or not are on offense, Wallace, Mendehall, Starks and Miller to injury. To whom is Ben going to throw the ball? Brown (he'll be doubled as it stands right now), Cotchery, Burress, Sanders, Johnson, Jonathan "I need a blow" Dwyer, really? The first two rounds should be skill players IMHO and not defense, unless Vaccarro is there at 2.49.

The problem with the Steelers and skill players is that after their rookie contract they don't value them and typically let them walk, Burress, Holmes, now Wallace, and Mendenhall they just don't like paying the big contract for the skill players.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The Steelers need offensive play makers that come into camp, work their arses off and get on the field and help an offense that didn't put enough points on the board last year. Ben is 31 and his time will be winding down within the next 5 years and then who knows how long before another quarterback falls to the Steelers.

There are players in place to take over (you may not like them or believe they are of lesser quality, but they are there) on defense except behind Troy and at this point the defense is going to have to roll with what is left after the everyone is released. The biggest losses whether you like the players or not are on offense, Wallace, Mendehall, Starks and Miller to injury. To whom is Ben going to throw the ball? Brown (he'll be doubled as it stands right now), Cotchery, Burress, Sanders, Johnson, Jonathan "I need a blow" Dwyer, really? The first two rounds should be skill players IMHO and not defense, unless Vaccarro is there at 2.49.

The problem with the Steelers and skill players is that after their rookie contract they don't value them and typically let them walk, Burress, Holmes, now Wallace, and Mendenhall they just don't like paying the big contract for the skill players.

Pappy

Unfortunately we waste the money on defensive players who have big cap numbers even when their play starts to significantly fade. Need to change the equation and invest in the offense if we want to win. That is why I say no to Vaccarro.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Pappy, I think the O struggled not due to a lack of talent but a lack of comfort with the new O. I believe it will be better this year even without the addition of a new talent.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If Vacarro can score points I'm in, but I take Tyler Eifert over Vaccaro, shawn Williams will be there at safety later in the draft for us.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    color me wary of texas players.

they all seem soft.
    I agree. I would prefer staying put at 17 and drafting a corner, or trading down a few spots and getting Eifert if that is possible.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska