Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: All signs point to Kenny Vaccaro

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    that's one guy from 12 years ago.

my point is, that for such a bigtime program it seems like their players don't make much of an impact at the NFL level. Always going to be exceptions with such large numbers drafted. Earl Thomas is another example. Maybe its the limas sweed effect, but there seem to be a lot of guys get picked in april and then disappear.

I'm just leery of them, that's all.
    I find myself dazed and confused and therefore somewhat agreeing with ES on this. Texas skill position players seem to be lacking in the NFL. The grunt types seems to have a higher success rate. I have always felt the same way about USC players.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Texas Pro Day: Vaccaro halted by hip injury

By Dane Brugler | NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst
    March 27, 2013

NFLDraftScout.com's top-rated safety Kenny Vaccaro wanted to run for scouts and improve his 40-yard dash time at the Texas Pro Day on Tuesday, but was limited due to a hip flexor injury. While he stood on his numbers from the combine, he did participate in positional drills, which were led by Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer.

Vaccaro, who ran a 4.63 40-yard dash in Indianapolis, looked athletic during drills and battled through the hip injury, which he suffered during a private workout with the Dallas Cowboys last week. He showed excellent burst and reaction quickness with little hesitation in his movements. Vaccaro did nothing to hurt his status as the draft's top safety prospect and could be drafted in the top half of round one in April.

[URL]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/rob-rang/21954124/texas-pro-day-vaccaro-halted-by-hip-injury[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I find myself dazed and confused and therefore somewhat agreeing with ES on this. Texas skill position players seem to be lacking in the NFL. The grunt types seems to have a higher success rate. I have always felt the same way about USC players.
    I watched a lot of Texas and Florida this year. I believe Elam is a more explosive, more intuitive player. He blows up more plays and creates more big plays. He does gamble more than I'd like and sometimes misses tackles going for the knockout. Vaccaro is taller so he'd match up better on TEs flexed out in the slot. But, Vaccaro did not play much back half safety this season. And, he whiffs in the open field more than I'd like. His man coverage skills are good, but I don't think he is fast enough to handle really quick slot receivers. Elam inspires the players around him to play better. Vaccaro has nice tattoos.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He is 22 right now. Which is older than the steelers like to pick in the first round. I would bet against him being the guy. I think you have the right position but the wrong guy.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

maybe you hit your head ovi, that might explain the dizziness. I agree with you as well on USC and I am beginning to wonder about Alabama players in the same way. Wehn you are surrounded by superior talent and playing against inferior talent, you look pretty good. Maybe better than what you actually are.

no stats to back it up, just a suspicion.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    maybe you hit your head ovi, that might explain the dizziness. I agree with you as well on USC and I am beginning to wonder about Alabama players in the same way. Wehn you are surrounded by superior talent and playing against inferior talent, you look pretty good. Maybe better than what you actually are.

no stats to back it up, just a suspicion.
    It's no different than SuperBowl winners in the NFL. Typically one guy is a stud and makes everyone else play better when he gets double teamed or game planned against. And sometimes it's tough to figure out which guy is the superstar and which guys to avoid. Sometime it seems easier to look at lesser schools that have one super athlete and stand out player. But even that's hard to determine how they stand up against good competition.

Picks from the really big programs always make me a little nervous.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I myself would love to have Earl Thomas on my team ... just sayin'.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

"Eifert".

don't think think I saw his name in this thread yet..
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    If Vacarro can score points I'm in, but I take Tyler Eifert over Vaccaro, shawn Williams will be there at safety later in the draft for us.
    my bad... jumped the gun...

2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sorry, I pass. But I'd try for Cyprien in the second if he lasts that long.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska