Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Casey Hampton was soft?
    In the mid section.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Casey Hampton was soft?
    that's one guy from 12 years ago.

my point is, that for such a bigtime program it seems like their players don't make much of an impact at the NFL level. Always going to be exceptions with such large numbers drafted. Earl Thomas is another example. Maybe its the limas sweed effect, but there seem to be a lot of guys get picked in april and then disappear.

I'm just leery of them, that's all.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers are still likely to lose Keenan Lewis. Vaccaro makes sense in some regards, but is he worth the #17? Chadman wouldn't discount Desmond Trufant...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Rookie

User Info Menu

I also think we should draft a playmaker for the offense that can contribute and be a factor in his first season. I think Tavon Austin would be a great pick! He can take it to the house any time he touches the ball! He isn't the tallest WR but he is one of the fastest in the draft. He could also return kickoffs for the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    to be the guy at 1/17. Unless Jones or Mingo miraculously fall.
    Barkevious Mingo wants to play defensive end, not linebacker, in NFL

By Larry Hartstein | CBSSports.com
    March 11, 2013

Barkevious Mingo says he can bulk up to 260 pounds and play a 4-3 defensive end in the NFL. NFL coaches worked out Barkevious Mingo at outside linebacker at the combine

CBSSports.com draft expert Dane Brugler has Mingo going to the Browns at No. 6 overall at OLB. Colleague Rob Rang pegs Mingo as the 21st pick to the Bengals, also at OLB.

But the 6-foot-5 Mingo, who bulked up to 241 pounds before the combine, insists he can play a 4-3 defensive end in the NFL.

“That's what I have been playing my whole career,” Mingo said on WFTL radio in Fort Lauderdale. “I think I'm good at it. I think I can get better at it, which is a plus. Just getting bigger and filling out for that position is what the coaches want to see.

“That's the main thing that are turning their heads away from me at this point. Putting on the weight and show the coaches that I can do it and that's done.”

Mingo said he can add 20 more pounds to his frame.

“Put on 15 prior to the combine,” he said. “I think I can put on a little bit more than that.”

At LSU, Mingo was a speed end who had 15 sacks, 29 tackles for loss, 27 quarterback hurries, and 11 pass breakups in 40 games. Mingo did not become a full-time starter until his junior season in 2012.

He and fellow Tigers defensive end Sam Montgomery bet $5,000 and a car wash on who will be drafted first. It's a wager Mingo is expected to win easily; Montgomery isn't projected as a first-rounder.

For what it's worth, the Browns are moving to a 3-4 defense under new coordinator Ray Horton. The Bengals play a 4-3 under Mike Zimmer.

[URL]http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/nfl-rapidreports/21854001/barkevious-mingo-wants-to-play-defensive-end-not-linebacker-in-nfl[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Not sold on Vacarro for our #1 pick...I'd like to see us get a playmaker.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Nope, RB as well.
    sure, just not in the first

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin Spotted At Texas Pro Day

March 27th, 2013 Brandon Sweeney

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin was spotted at the University of Texas‘ pro day on Tuesday. Pro day’s are workouts for players entering into the NFL Draft that give scouts, coaches, GM’s and other front office personnel to see prospects workout in their college’s practice facility. Although the highly populated Texas Alumni quarterback Vince Young was there working out, the Steelers were not there to see him. They were most likely checking out 6-foot safety, Kenny Vaccaro.

Vaccaro is predicted to go in the middle of round one, and the Steelers hold the number 17 overall pick. Vaccaro is suffering from a hip flexor injury that he suffered from a private workout so he did not run the 40 yard dash. However, he did participate in all the other position drills. Vaccaro ran a 4.63 in the NFL Scouting Combine.

We will be breaking down Vaccaro more once the NFL Draft gets closer and we can get a little more of a feel of what the Steelers draft board may look like. Although the Steelers tend to not leak information about who they like and who they don’t like.

Flashback: The Steelers have only drafted one safety in the first round. He goes by the name of Troy Polamalu. Vaccaro is raw and if drafted, he could learn from one of the best safeties to ever lace up a pair of cleats.

[URL]http://www.steelersgab.com/2013/03/27/tomlin-spotted-at-texas-pro-day-2/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha