Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Foote Back on Three Year Deal

Legend

User Info Menu

Steeler fans consistently undervalue Foote. He is smart and usually in position to make a play. Won't make the highlight reel with jawbreaking tackles but knows the defense well and gets them to play together.
    More than adequate replacement for Farrior. Consider:

Farrior in his final season: 54 tackles, 24 assists
    Foote in 2012: 75 tackles, 38 assists

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    I don't get all the hate for Foote on this board. It was just the same hate for Farrior before he retired. Foote arguably had his best year last year on a great defense, and he's the weak link? Gimme a break, he leads the team with 113 tackles and has a career best 4 sacks.

The guy is NEVER HURT, never complains, and has played solid his entire career with the Steelers. You know what you are getting with Foote. Now, him NOT being signed would be a surprise to me.

Sometimes I have to shake my head on the hate for Foote (and Farrior in his last two years) on this board. Are we watching the same players here?
    Don't you know that you are either a superstar of dogcrap in the eyes of Steeler fans. A lot of them don't recognize solid football players. Farrior got beat by Ray Rice on a key 4th down play and from then on he was useless according to many fans. Many here didn't like the job Ryan Clark was doing until last year when he took over Troy's position for 6 or 7 games and he made big hits and some splash plays. Then, and only then, did Clark start getting some respect.

Foote is one of those glue type players who help hold the team together. He is a good solid player and he won't be as easy to replace as some think.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I guess we are spoiled. Foote and Clark have the best years of their careers in 2012 and the sky is falling!

Legend

User Info Menu

Foote only had 133 tackles last year. Totally useless!
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Foote only had 133 tackles last year. Totally useless!
    113 according to nfl.com. But you're right! Totally useless!

Legend

User Info Menu

to put that in perspective, Rey Maualuga had 122... you can't just use numbers... My problem with the LBs is that the team doesn't have a run-stuffer any more.

On Farrior's last season, NorthCoast, he didn't play 16. Those stats are Apples and Oranges...

Foote is "solid". I expect excellence from the LBs. Just one man's opionion.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    to put that in perspective, Rey Maualuga had 122... you can't just use numbers... My problem with the LBs is that the team doesn't have a run-stuffer any more.

On Farrior's last season, NorthCoast, he didn't play 16. Those stats are Apples and Oranges...

Foote is "solid". I expect excellence from the LBs. Just one man's opionion.
    While you might "expect" excellence you can't afford excellence. It just isn't possible to pay 4 excellent linebackers and still field a competitive team. Almost all teams have their share of superstars but the teams that win consistently are the ones that field more "solid" players than weak ones.

... but like you this is just one man's opinion.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Larry Foote: Steelers should have gone 12-4

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 10, 2013

The Steelers went 8-8 last season, but four of those eight losses were by a field goal. And that has Steelers linebacker Larry Foote thinking about what might have been.

Foote told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that he thinks the Steelers were good enough to be a 12-4 team because those close losses were games they should have won.

“Four games we should have won. Do that, and we’re 12-4, but that’s how the league goes,” Foote said. “The year before, we made the playoffs and we could have lost four games. The bottom line is we lost some games that we should have won and we didn’t.”

Of course, every team in the NFL that missed the playoffs last year could look back at a few close losses and say those were games they should have won. And the Steelers also could have lost most of the games they won: Five of their eight wins were by seven points or less.

Ultimately, however many games the Steelers “should have won,” eight is the number they did win. And that’s what matters.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/10/larry-foote-steelers-should-have-gone-12-4/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Ultimately, however many games the Steelers “should have won,” eight is the number they did win. And that’s what matters.
    Does this somehow contradict what Larry Foote said?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    While you might "expect" excellence you can't afford excellence. It just isn't possible to pay 4 excellent linebackers and still field a competitive team. Almost all teams have their share of superstars but the teams that win consistently are the ones that field more "solid" players than weak ones.

... but like you this is just one man's opinion.
    missed this a month ago.. but, san fran is... just sayin'