Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Foote Back on Three Year Deal

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Look it is well documented that I am not the biggest Larry Foote fan but you are totally losing sight of reality.

Our biggest competitor, the Ravens, today are now without, Ray Lewis, Dannell Ellerbe, Anquan Boldin, and Paul Kruger. Get a grip.

thing about it... it happens to all teams that win big... we've had it for years
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    True, but I still don't understand why you pay him 2.5 million in year one of a 3-year deal (which is to long IMO).
    I keep hearing this... is it including signing bonus? If so, $2.5 million is PEANUTS... Sounds like just above vet minimum plus a signing bonus (year one is where the biggest money is)... put it in perspective... it's 1/3 of what Harrison was going to make... it's like double vet minimum... I'm just baffled at all the complaints about $2.5 million... WTH???

2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I keep hearing this... is it including signing bonus? If so, $2.5 million is PEANUTS... Sounds like just above vet minimum plus a signing bonus (year one is where the biggest money is)... put it in perspective... it's 1/3 of what Harrison was going to make... it's like double vet minimum... I'm just baffled at all the complaints about $2.5 million... WTH???
    Dan Connor made 800K last year. Why not sign him instead of Foote? He's younger and he wouldn't be any less productive. Connor had the potential to be more than just an old stop gap (i.e. Foote).
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Dan Connor made 800K last year. Why not sign him instead of Foote? He's younger and he wouldn't be any less productive. Connor had the potential to be more than just an old stop gap (i.e. Foote).
    Again, was it cap, salary or signing bonus? Dan Connor was set to count $4.35 against the cap that's why he was cut. Now, maybe his SALARY may have been $800k with a $6 million bonus (dunno), but, he had a much bigger paycheck last year than $2.5 million.

2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

As fans we don't value Foote. The Steelers must. So I can only as a fan hope he plays as well as 2012. I also can hope someone else is drafted or steps up so Foote does not see as many snaps. Against some teams he will be replace by a CB I think. Is it a good signing? I hope so and we will see 2013. Also can Connor or anyone CHEAP really come in and replace foote for 2013? That is the question. Steelers are not banking on it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post

im with ya ville.

i'm gonna guess 2.5 cap hit is way below average for a staring inside LB.

and bringing in someone would require time for that player to learn the system.

plus, doesnt larry call the defensive signals

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    As fans we don't value Foote. The Steelers must. So I can only as a fan hope he plays as well as 2012. I also can hope someone else is drafted or steps up so Foote does not see as many snaps. Against some teams he will be replace by a CB I think. Is it a good signing? I hope so and we will see 2013. Also can Connor or anyone CHEAP really come in and replace foote for 2013? That is the question. Steelers are not banking on it.
    yup... foote was a weak link on an excellent defense. Connor was the weak link on a BAD defense... let's just hope for an ILB in the draft... or that Spence recovers quickly this summer...

2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    im with ya ville.

i'm gonna guess 2.5 cap hit is way below average for a staring inside LB.

and bringing in someone would require time for that player to learn the system.

plus, doesnt larry call the defensive signals
    i think you're right on all counts... i'm just dumbfounded - other than rookie contracts, you don't get a starting ILB for $2.5mil... you just don't. And based on experience alone, he's even worth $2.5mil as a backup, should they find someone else... assuming $2.5 mil is the right number, and they view him as a stopgap and either a) get spence back or b) draft in ILB or C) both, it's a GREAT signing at a GREAT price...

and for the record, i very much DISLIKE foote as the starter - i wanted donta hightower instead of decastro...

2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)

Legend

User Info Menu

yeah

i'm no "lARRY FOOTE FAN" PER SE

but, he a pretty solid starter for this defense a starter on 2 superbowl winning teams. you cant have pro bowlers at every position

Legend

User Info Menu

larry's contract

Three years, $5.5 million.

2013: $1,000,000 signing [URL="http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=68&f=1897&t=11371774#"]bonus[/URL], $1,500,000 salary (1,833,333 cap hit)
    2014: $1,500,000 [URL="http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=68&f=1897&t=11371774#"]salary[/URL] ($1,833,333 cap hit)
    2015: $1,500,000 salary ($1,833,334 cap hit)