Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 108

Thread: Foote Back on Three Year Deal

Hybrid View

  1. #1

  2. #2
    hmmm.. either connor is out, or ILB in the draft is out..
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    3,976
    a Three year deal? hopefully there is very little guaranteed.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Good for Larry, he doesn't get the death sentence to AZ.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    a Three year deal? hopefully there is very little guaranteed.
    The Steelers probably had to give Foote some sort of bonus to keep him from going to AZ, and the length of the deal could have been for purposes of spreading the cap hit.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    The Steelers probably had to give Foote some sort of bonus to keep him from going to AZ, and the length of the deal could have been for purposes of spreading the cap hit.
    Yea, but, if and when they cut him before 3 years, the remaining amount spread over the 3 years hits the cap all at once. This seems very odd to me. I guess the Steelers are like our govt.: Kick the can down the road. That is BS

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,497
    What Foote's signing says to Chadman is that they are not ready to give up on Sean Spence. Spence is unlikely to have much impact in 2013, so 2014 looks as if it might be his 'rookie' year. 2015, the last year of Foote's contract, is when most would expect him to be cut. So essentially, the Steelers are giving Spence a redshirt year, then a year of back-up play, to then look at inserting him as a starter in 2015. If they had drafted an ILB, or signed a young ILB, it would have indicated giving up on Spence. Rolle might be the insurance plan.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  8. #8
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    What Foote's signing says to Chadman is that they are not ready to give up on Sean Spence. Spence is unlikely to have much impact in 2013, so 2014 looks as if it might be his 'rookie' year. 2015, the last year of Foote's contract, is when most would expect him to be cut. So essentially, the Steelers are giving Spence a redshirt year, then a year of back-up play, to then look at inserting him as a starter in 2015. If they had drafted an ILB, or signed a young ILB, it would have indicated giving up on Spence. Rolle might be the insurance plan.
    And let me guess... when Spence finally plays, he'll be a UFA at the end of the year and we'll lose him to another team? No worries though, we'll bring back Foote when he's on his way to 40 years old.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    What Foote's signing says to Chadman is that they are not ready to give up on Sean Spence. Spence is unlikely to have much impact in 2013, so 2014 looks as if it might be his 'rookie' year. 2015, the last year of Foote's contract, is when most would expect him to be cut. So essentially, the Steelers are giving Spence a redshirt year, then a year of back-up play, to then look at inserting him as a starter in 2015. If they had drafted an ILB, or signed a young ILB, it would have indicated giving up on Spence. Rolle might be the insurance plan.
    I agree he's a stop-gap, but, the draft will tell us whether or not it's Spence they're holding out for...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,780
    WOW I wonder who is running this show, other teams are getting younger yet the Steelers are getting older!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •